The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Apparently , the hard questions are worth less marks , and the easy questions are worth more marks. Xoz if you dont know how to do the harder questions, you lose a lot more marks if it was worth more marks, and you mite even drop a grade even if you've done well throughout the paper.

What do peeps think they'll get? I think i'll get A*.
Reply 81
guys you do know that in the formulae sheet, there was one for the area of a trapezium right?
h* (a+b)/2
Reply 82
Original post by master y
Apparently , the hard questions are worth less marks , and the easy questions are worth more marks. Xoz if you dont know how to do the harder questions, you lose a lot more marks if it was worth more marks, and you mite even drop a grade even if you've done well throughout the paper.

What do peeps think they'll get? I think i'll get A*.

Mm that makes sense but is slightly frustrating when you've gotten a difficult one right and you're proud of it.

Although.. quadratic simultaneous equations.. 6 marks.. beautiful.

Predicted an A*, and it went pretty well, so fingers crossed.. unless I've made a ton of stupid mistakes which I'm unaware of.
Original post by maramore
Ah okay, who knows, you might have gotten the same answer?

Overall I was really happy, happier than with the 3H and I was pretty happy on that one too :P there weren't as many tricky questions on this one, which maybe means the grade boundaries will be higher but.. hopefully I haven't made too many silly mistakes, since I usually realise afterwards and I haven't remembered any yet. It was a horrible moment when I remembered that the 3H probability question said 'without replacement' ><

How about you, how did you find it?

Hope so.
Good :smile: Same, I found it better than 3H, which I found extremely hard. I don't think they'll be any higher than usual, as it definitely wasn't as easy as some of the past papers have been. Ah, too bad. I stupidly didn't read the surds question correctly and left my answer as 10root3 :facepalm: I think I should still get 1/2 marks though as I showed correct working.

Original post by Muffin-Face
(to the tune of pop goes the weasel)

half the sum of the parallel sides
times the distance between them
that is how you calculate
the area of trapeziums

ps the formula for the area was on the formula sheet xx

Ahahaha, nice song :biggrin: :wink: I used the formula, but I'm not sure if it was correct :L

Original post by master y
Are you sure...? cox didnt you have to do..

{(2/3) + 1} divided by 2/3?? which is 2.5 methinks.. :s-smilie:

I don't know, but I checked in my calculator and a=4 worked, plus many other people got 4. Perhaps look at the answers when they're posted later to help you :smile:
how long until answers are posted ?!
Reply 85
Original post by the-chosen-one
Hope so.
Good :smile: Same, I found it better than 3H, which I found extremely hard. I don't think they'll be any higher than usual, as it definitely wasn't as easy as some of the past papers have been. Ah, too bad. I stupidly didn't read the surds question correctly and left my answer as 10root3 :facepalm: I think I should still get 1/2 marks though as I showed correct working.

Ahahaha, nice song :biggrin: :wink: I used the formula, but I'm not sure if it was correct :L

I don't know, but I checked in my calculator and a=4 worked, plus many other people got 4. Perhaps look at the answers when they're posted later to help you :smile:

Yeah hopefully you'll get some, method marks ftw!

It was 4, I think what we both did is work out gf(x)=3 instead of gf(a)=3 cos we both got 2.5.
Reply 86
Did everyone get root50 as k for the surds q? I'm fairly sure i somehow managed to right k=3 for the vectors question even though my working pointed to k being four. Exam pressure i suppose. The only question i didn't know how to do was the Claire's shares one, I'm guessing most people are in the same boat.
Reply 87
Original post by StudentD
Did everyone get root50 as k for the surds q? I'm fairly sure i somehow managed to right k=3 for the vectors question even though my working pointed to k being four. Exam pressure i suppose. The only question i didn't know how to do was the Claire's shares one, I'm guessing most people are in the same boat.

yep, root50 is fine, it's the equivalent of 5root2. :smile:
Original post by maramore
Yeah hopefully you'll get some, method marks ftw!

It was 4, I think what we both did is work out gf(x)=3 instead of gf(a)=3 cos we both got 2.5.

I know right :biggrin:

I got 4, but I was trying to explain it to someone :smile:
Reply 89
Original post by student2221
how long until answers are posted ?!

I already ****ing posted the answers, i guarentee theyre all right ffs

also to the people saying that they got 2.5for the functions

it would be the answer if it saif gf(3)
there is no difference in saying gf(x)=3 and gf(a)=3 (just a change in letter)..well thats embarrassing
Reply 90
Could someone post the solution to me?
Reply 91
Original post by foximus

there is no difference in saying gf(x)=3 and gf(a)=3 (just a change in letter)..well thats embarrassing

Well aren't you a little ray of sunshine. That's what I meant. Sorry.

And yeah we know you posted the answers, it's just that it's hard to remember our answers without looking at the paper itself, and since someone posted the first one with method and answers, we were hoping they would be able to post the second one too.
Reply 92
Original post by Summer222

Original post by Summer222
It was the ticket question where the area and length of the smaller one was 2 and 7, and the length of the larger one was 6 and you had to work out the area :/ did anyone else get 21 for this?

It was 63 i think!
Reply 93
Original post by sunil6
and yh i got 5root2 x root6, but what working did you show?

I got 10root3... I guess I just simplified it a little more...
Reply 94
Original post by MK9
I got 10root3... I guess I just simplified it a little more...

It had to be in the form of root6. 10root3 is correct, but not what they asked for.
Reply 95
Original post by ohtasha
It had to be in the form of root6. 10root3 is correct, but not what they asked for.

Damn, I need to read the question more!!!!
Original post by foximus

I would prefer to have the paper and answers with working. I can't remember the questions in order, let alone how many marks they were worth.
Reply 97
Original post by eugenia.95
The question that asked about root6. Was the answer 5root2 times root6?
Who put the 3H paper online? Whoever it is can he/she put the 4H paper as well? I would really appreciate it.

Yeah. Could have been root50 too, since it's an equivalent of 5root2.
Reply 98
I definately found the 4H paper better than the 3H paper, which was really hard! My worst question on the 4H paper was the functions one :/
Reply 99
Original post by StudentD
It was 63 i think!

I got 21 for that one, isnt the scale factor 3 so you times the area of the samller one (7) by 3 which is 21????

Latest

Trending

Trending