The Student Room Group

STEP Exam Problem (urgent) :(

I sat Step I today as an AS student. Only now after the college day, I have found out that we apparently have a special candidate number linked to STEP. I understand this is found on the "Candidate Results Information Sheet" given to us before the exam begins. However, as far as I know, there was no "Candidate Results Information Sheet" given to me before the exam by the college. Hence, rather stupidly in hindsight, I just put down my normal candidate number I used for the AS exams. :frown:

I have emailed the step website, but I cannot expect a reply before Monday; I will also ask my college exam officers on Monday.

Can someone offer any advice on what to do, and how to correct my candidate no for step?

If worse comes to worst, this could potentially mean that my paper will not be marked and the results will not be published...meaning so much preparation gone to waste:frown:.

Also, much less important, if I can luckily correct my candidate number, how can I find out the PIN needed to access my results online?

Feeling very stressed at the moment.
Original post by twig
I sat Step I today as an AS student. Only now after the college day, I have found out that we apparently have a special candidate number linked to STEP. I understand this is found on the "Candidate Results Information Sheet" given to us before the exam begins. However, as far as I know, there was no "Candidate Results Information Sheet" given to me before the exam by the college. Hence, rather stupidly in hindsight, I just put down my normal candidate number I used for the AS exams. :frown:

I have emailed the step website, but I cannot expect a reply before Monday; I will also ask my college exam officers on Monday.

Can someone offer any advice on what to do, and how to correct my candidate no for step?

If worse comes to worst, this could potentially mean that my paper will not be marked and the results will not be published...meaning so much preparation gone to waste:frown:.

Also, much less important, if I can luckily correct my candidate number, how can I find out the PIN needed to access my results online?

Feeling very stressed at the moment.

It will arrive saying it has come from your school, and the answer booklet also has your name on it, I'm sure the person marking it will work out what happened :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by jameswhughes
It will arrive saying it has come from your school, and the answer booklet also has your name on it, I'm sure the person marking it will work out what happened :smile:

I sure hope so, but I just want to ensure that problem is sorted, whether automatically by the marker or not.
Reply 3
BUMP.

Does anyone know how I can access my PIN and actual candidate number now?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending