The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
eeek! Just looked up how much accommodation costs- according to website it works out at £128 approx per week! Is it me or is that a bit high if your having to share a room in the first year?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 81
I'm not sure how much Castle's works out per week, I think its about the same though. Have you factored that it includes meals etc as well?
Reply 82
You pay the same at all the catered colleges, no matter what kind of room you get.
Reply 83
That's what I thought. Doesn't sound that bad to me including 3 meals a day, electricity, water, internet, security and whatever else they take into account when you live in.
Reply 84
Yup, it's often cheaper than living out (gotta say I prefer it though) :redface:
Reply 85
hey can you live in at st chad's in your second year or are you only allowed to live in in your 1st and 4th year?
Reply 86
Only usually those in their first and final year.
Reply 87
Sjay_baby
Fab thanx!! :biggrin: so 1st year stuff is pretty much the same then?

Yep, first year geography is exactly the same whether you're doing BA or BSc....and physical geographers are so much cooler than human ones! :cool: :p:
Reply 88
Yep, first year geography is exactly the same whether you're doing BA or BSc....and physical geographers are so much cooler than human ones!

heheh! But of course! lol!! :biggrin: :cool:
Reply 89
The way it works in Castle (and I assume for many other colleges) for accomdation is that you are allowed to live in two years of you course and the rest out. It's usually 1st and 3rd year but it can be 1st and 4th year or even 2nd year if you can't find anyone to share a house with.
Reply 90
Vicious,vicious lies Rach.
How much do you prefer Cities to physical then?
Reply 91
arkbar
Vicious,vicious lies Rach.
How much do you prefer Cities to physical then?

I didnt say the lectures were better, I said that physical geographers are cooler than human ones :wink: :cool: :p:
I wouldn't rely on being allowed to live in in second year though. The only 2ndyear liver-in I know of is a physicist at Hatfield. Anybody know of any others?
Reply 93
I know a few at Aidan's...I think their year had a low intake though, so there was extra room for them...apparently they all have a corridor to themselves!
nice!
Reply 95
There was that accomdation notice in the porters lodge that made it seem like 2nd year was possible in certain circumstances if you needed to, although your year being so large I imagine priority would be given to you guys with not much space left over.
Reply 96
Rach:)
I didnt say the lectures were better, I said that physical geographers are cooler than human ones :wink: :cool: :p:

Hmmmm....

Louise Amoore (Human)

VS

Wish Mitchell (Physical)

And...

Jonny Rigg (Human)

VS

Jamie Casford (Physical)

I think we can conclude without going further that Human Geographers are way cooler. Plus, Human Geographers are much funnier and lively than Physical Geographers, who are cold beings that don't like sunlight.

End of story I think :smile:
Reply 97
dobbs
Hmmmm....

Louise Amoore (Human)

VS

Wish Mitchell (Physical)

And...

Jonny Rigg (Human)

VS

Jamie Casford (Physical)

I think we can conclude without going further that Human Geographers are way cooler. Plus, Human Geographers are much funnier and lively than Physical Geographers, who are cold beings that don't like sunlight.

End of story I think :smile:

Hmmmm....

You (Human)

VS

Me (Physical)
:wink: :p:

(only joking!....you look far sexier than I do! :wink: )

--------------

And I said cooler, not better looking!
Reply 98
Rach:)

(only joking!....you look far sexier than I do! :wink: )

And I said cooler, not better looking!

1. No I don't! I don't find myself attractive. However, I can see how most girls would find me damn hot :biggrin:

2. I know, I never said better looking. Just look at the photos of those geographers - you can just tell that the humaners are cooler :wink:
Reply 99
dobbs
1. No I don't! I don't find myself attractive. However, I can see how most girls would find me damn hot :biggrin:

2. I know, I never said better looking. Just look at the photos of those geographers - you can just tell that the humaners are cooler :wink:

1.You're modest too....always a bonus :rolleyes: :p:
2.Wishy and Zong are dudes! :biggrin:

Latest