The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

provisional college allocations

i got st. Chad's as my provisional college, even though i chose it as my firt preference i want to change it realllly bad. Will it be possible?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
i got st. Chad's as my provisional college, even though i chose it as my firt preference i want to change it realllly bad. Will it be possible?

I'm not sure that's possible; sorry. What makes you want to change? What do you want to change to?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
life at chads can be very expensive(im from a working class background) and moreover i want to go to another college(collingwood) as i am a international sports player and have been involed in national drama competitions. colloingwood has better facilities for it.
Reply 3
life at chads can be very expensive(im from a working class background) and moreover i want to go to another college(collingwood) as i am a international sports player and have been involed in national drama competitions. colloingwood has better facilities for it.

Ah, I can see the lure of Collingwood then.

Would a shared room at Chad's bring the costs down to something reasonable?

Even if you can't move, with those credentials, I'm sure that you will be able to join University level sports teams and drama socs. You sound like an asset to any college.

Hiya

It's highly likely you wouldn't be able to change, but who knows, you may get reallocated after results day anyway. Also, I don't see how living in Collingwood will be any cheaper since it's also catered. In fact, the room sharing at Chads may bring the costs down for you and the JCR membership for Chads is just £30 compared to £135 for Collingwood. With your level of experience, I'd recommend joining Team Durham instead of restricting yourself to college sport, so you can always make use of the facilities at Maiden Castle.

-Himieka

Quick Reply

Latest