The Student Room Group

AQA Unit 1 chemistry resit results

Hey everyone, I got my AS results yesterday and was pretty shocked to have got a D in my chemistry unit 1 resit paper. I mean the May 2011 paper was a lot more straightforward than the January 2011 one. I revised my socks off for it and ended up getting 5 less UMS points this time around and a D yet again. :confused:
For those of you who also resat this paper, did you improve? I am seriously considering a remark :s-smilie:
Thanks!
Reply 1
I know exactly what you mean!
I worked really really hard for the June paper because I got a U for the january one and I got a D too. I really thought I had a higher mark...I might just accept fate and improve in A2
Reply 2
Original post by noma5
I know exactly what you mean!
I worked really really hard for the June paper because I got a U for the january one and I got a D too. I really thought I had a higher mark...I might just accept fate and improve in A2

Ah, I'm really sorry to hear that- it just doesn't make any sense does it, how did you do in unit 2? The thing is if we accept fate, I can't bare to resit unit 1 AND unit 2 along with Unit 4 in January, it'll be too much :frown: Damn you AQA :angry:
Reply 3
Original post by shazthesheep
Ah, I'm really sorry to hear that- it just doesn't make any sense does it, how did you do in unit 2? The thing is if we accept fate, I can't bare to resit unit 1 AND unit 2 along with Unit 4 in January, it'll be too much :frown: Damn you AQA :angry:

I got a D in unit 2 as well and failed the practical but I'm only retaking the practical and see if my grade increases.
Reply 4
Original post by noma5
I got a D in unit 2 as well and failed the practical but I'm only retaking the practical and see if my grade increases.

Do you guys have the papers for January 2011 and June 2011? Could you put them up if you have I want to see how much harder January was :P
I also did this paper and didn't do as well as I expected :frown: ~I think AQA are being way more specific with their mark schemes sadly.
Reply 5
Original post by king101
Do you guys have the papers for January 2011 and June 2011? Could you put them up if you have I want to see how much harder January was :P
I also did this paper and didn't do as well as I expected :frown: ~I think AQA are being way more specific with their mark schemes sadly.

Unfortunately, I don't have the papers however many people did find the January 2011 paper harder. The head of Chemistry at my college was convinced they would lower the grade boundaries. I remember a really weird moles related question on that paper. Ah, you're right so do you think it's pointless to get it remarked then? :frown:
Reply 6
I resat, got a D in Jan and a B in June, was expecting an A though considering how easy the paper was at the time! I want to request to see my paper so I can see where I went wrong...
Reply 7
Original post by shazthesheep
Unfortunately, I don't have the papers however many people did find the January 2011 paper harder. The head of Chemistry at my college was convinced they would lower the grade boundaries. I remember a really weird moles related question on that paper. Ah, you're right so do you think it's pointless to get it remarked then? :frown:

Not a clue, if you feel like you did really good I would give a remark a go.
Reply 8
i got a C in jan and an A in june

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending