The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

International Welcome Week 2011/2012

So I got an e-mail with all things about it but still confused. It starts on the 12th of September basically a week before freshers( as far as I understand). Is it compulsory to attend and if it starts on the 12th, do I come to Leeds on Sunday the 11th then? Will I be able to move in straight into my hall and if so, sounds like I'll be the only one there as everyone else comes when freshers starts.
Can you please clear this up for me? Oh and other international students are welcome here too. Thanks :smile:
you can ask them... I'm international too but we have only two induction days, maybe because I'm PhD student!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
well im kind of international, im a home student coming from wales, but im Polish, i will be in leeds around 16th
Reply 3
Original post by msoynri
well im kind of international, im a home student coming from wales, but im Polish, i will be in leeds around 16th

Which halls have you applied for? I can speak polish a bit :colondollar:
Reply 4
Lupton :smile: thats cool hehe what can you say? :biggrin:
Reply 5
what about you? what accom?
Original post by Rommari
So I got an e-mail with all things about it but still confused. It starts on the 12th of September basically a week before freshers( as far as I understand). Is it compulsory to attend and if it starts on the 12th, do I come to Leeds on Sunday the 11th then? Will I be able to move in straight into my hall and if so, sounds like I'll be the only one there as everyone else comes when freshers starts.
Can you please clear this up for me? Oh and other international students are welcome here too. Thanks :smile:

I don't think there's anything vital happening on the 12th and 13th that isn't repeated later in the week. Most international undergrads will try to arrive on 14th so they can move straight into their accommodation. That said, its not always possible because of flights etc so that's why they have activities from 12th for poeple who have no choice but to arrive earlier. If you do arrive earlier and you can't get into your term-time room there is temporary accommodation available at Devonshire Hall and that will also give you the chance to meet other early arriving international students.
Reply 7
Original post by accomoffice
I don't think there's anything vital happening on the 12th and 13th that isn't repeated later in the week. Most international undergrads will try to arrive on 14th so they can move straight into their accommodation. That said, its not always possible because of flights etc so that's why they have activities from 12th for poeple who have no choice but to arrive earlier. If you do arrive earlier and you can't get into your term-time room there is temporary accommodation available at Devonshire Hall and that will also give you the chance to meet other early arriving international students.

So basically the halls are open from the 14th? I think I will try to arrive on the 14th then. Will there be enough things to do and people to meet?

Original post by msoynri
what about you? what accom?

Original post by msoynri
Lupton :smile: thats cool hehe what can you say? :biggrin:

Well I'm 1/8 polish and I'm trying to learn the language. I'd say I'm on an elementary level at the moment lol.
I've applied for Leodis :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Rommari
So basically the halls are open from the 14th? I think I will try to arrive on the 14th then. Will there be enough things to do and people to meet?

Well I'm 1/8 polish and I'm trying to learn the language. I'd say I'm on an elementary level at the moment lol.
I've applied for Leodis :smile:

ah cool !! see you in uni :P
Reply 9
Original post by msoynri
ah cool !! see you in uni :P

See you! What are you going to study btw? :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Rommari
See you! What are you going to study btw? :smile:

Geology , you ?
Reply 11
Original post by msoynri
Geology , you ?

Maths with russian :smile:
Reply 12
maths o_O wow,
Reply 13
I'm flying in on the 15th, but it'll be too late to get anything done when I get there. So let's just say 16th. I would come earlier if I could but flights are all sold out!

I'm pretty sure local students will arrive on the weekend so 17th/18th and it'll be international students before that to attend the welcome week.

Quick Reply

Latest