The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Uni of Leeds wait time - psychology

I applied to Uni of Leeds for psychology in October, I've had multiple emails stating that they are "still reviewing and considering" my application but have not had an offer/ rejection. They said it could be until Mid-May.

I've got other offers from different Unis and accommodation is starting to go at these, but Leeds was always my top choice.

Any advice? Does it normally take this long?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It entirely depends on the course you chose. I applied to Astrophysics courses from varying universities including Leeds so I can give some insight from my personal experience. I submitted my UCAS application on the 31st of October and received an offer from Leeds on the 2nd of November. In fact I received all of my offers within a week of applying.

I think it depends not just on the course you chose but how many other applicants there are as well. If Leeds is truly your first choice then you should probably wait until the end of March or April at the latest and then make your decision if you still haven't received any news. Waiting any longer could affect you applying for accommodation.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Me too hun! They take so long with Psychology and Law applications x
I’m in the same position, psychology at Leeds is my first choice and is the only offer I’m waiting for, it is definitely stressing me out. I’ve also applied to access to Leeds and I’m worried that if they don’t give out offers til mid-may, I’ll have to try and complete the modules at the same time as doing exams.
same ive received all my other offers, just waiting on leeds and its my top choice. I'm getting quite stressed haha
Original post by Anonymous #1
I’m in the same position, psychology at Leeds is my first choice and is the only offer I’m waiting for, it is definitely stressing me out. I’ve also applied to access to Leeds and I’m worried that if they don’t give out offers til mid-may, I’ll have to try and complete the modules at the same time as doing exams.
Yep, same!
i applied in jan and still waiting for leeds. just got my fourth offer for psych today and leeds is my first choice 😭😭😭
Just got my offer through from Leeds for psychology!! Has anyone else?
Original post by Chloeschick_
I applied to Uni of Leeds for psychology in October, I've had multiple emails stating that they are "still reviewing and considering" my application but have not had an offer/ rejection. They said it could be until Mid-May.
I've got other offers from different Unis and accommodation is starting to go at these, but Leeds was always my top choice.
Any advice? Does it normally take this long?

Hey I got an offer for it today!

Same!!

MEEEEE 🎉🎉🎉🥳🥳🥳
Original post by usual-asylum
Same!!

Same 🥳🥳🥳

yess !!! got it yesterday 🎉🎉🎉
Reply 13
i got my offer today :smile:
Original post by romeeoo
i got my offer today :smile:

what did your offer say? mine said AA and A in crim but i don’t take crim so don’t know how that worked out. did you get the same?
Reply 15
Original post by husky-roost
what did your offer say? mine said AA and A in crim but i don’t take crim so don’t know how that worked out. did you get the same?

ive declined the offer but i’m pretty sure it was AAB (contextual) with an A in wjec diploma (crim) :smile:, hope this helps. not sure why it’s talking ab criminology if u dont do the subject tho lmao
Original post by romeeoo
ive declined the offer but i’m pretty sure it was AAB (contextual) with an A in wjec diploma (crim) :smile:, hope this helps. not sure why it’s talking ab criminology if u dont do the subject tho lmao

why did you decline it if i may ask ?
Reply 17
why did you decline it if i may ask ?

never wanted to go to leeds uni. i just live in leeds so put it down lmao. course for psych is **** imo
Original post by romeeoo

do you take crim?
Reply 19
do you take crim?

yeah why

Quick Reply

Latest