The Student Room Group

Carphone Warehouse Replacement SIM Card

Hi all

I've "misplaced" my contract sim card whilst en route between the 'rents and the halls over the xmas hols and Orange have confirmed it hasn't been used. But to replace it will be something like £17 and because the phone is from the Carphone Warehouse I have to go through them to get it.

Is there any way round the charge? Like if I said the sim just wasn't working or something?

Any advice? (other than pay the £17 obviously lol)

Thanks much!

TnV
Come on...anyone

Where's Kingspharm when you need him?!
Reply 2
if you tell them your sim card doesn't work, chances are they will ask for it. the only way out of it would be to come up with some amazing lie that would entail losing the sim card and it being their fault, which is something i can't think of an answer for right now.
Reply 3
the only way i could think you could get it for free is if you are in a position just now that you can cancel your contract, you could give that as one of your reasons for cancelling.

obviously they wont want you to cancel and give you it for free and offer you a better deal to stay with them.

£17 is shocking for a new sim anyway. it would just depend where u are in ur contract just now if you could say u were want to cancel.

sorry if this is a really bad idea but just thought id help :biggrin:
Tarts_n_Vicars
Come on...anyone

Where's Kingspharm when you need him?!

:laugh: I've been working! :frown:

Orange's standard rate for replacement SIMs is £15+VAT (£17.50).

Is it contract or Pay as you go? If PAYG, you might be better off going and buying (or acquiring) an Orange PAYG SIM pack and do an 'upgrade' which will transfer your number across.

Orange only do free replacement SIMs if you have insurance on your phone - do you have CPW insurance or something? Otherwise you might be able to get a goodwill gesture as someone else mentioned, if you make a really big deal out of it - but IME, this rarely succeeds in the field of lost SIMs.

The other option (on contract), if you're due (or close to) an upgrade, then if you upgrade your phone then you'll get a new SIM. If you're not due an upgrade yet though, you will have an upgrade fee which could be expensive.

Good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending