The Student Room Group

Lost student card

Hi all,

I've lost my student card and I've got a few activities booked over the summer that I've booked as a student, which I'll need to show my I'd card for. I don't know what to do. The first activity is booked for tomorrow. Shall I call the place up and explain. Will they get funny with me?
I'm happy to pay general adult admission but don't know how that'll work since I've already got the tickets.

Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks!
Call up and explain. Be honest. They shouldn't get funny if you're honest. State that you're more than happy to pay adult admission.
Take the student ticket with you and they should set it so you pay the excess to make it into an adult admission. If that makes sense.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi all,

I've lost my student card and I've got a few activities booked over the summer that I've booked as a student, which I'll need to show my I'd card for. I don't know what to do. The first activity is booked for tomorrow. Shall I call the place up and explain. Will they get funny with me?
I'm happy to pay general adult admission but don't know how that'll work since I've already got the tickets.

Thanks!

Do you have any recent correspondence to your uni email address that you could show as evidence you are a student?
Hi all,

Thanks!

I've lost my student card before, and found that generally everyone was really helpful about it, it's relatively common I think. Just be honest, and contact your uni to sort a replacement :smile:
Hi all,

Thanks!

Would other forms of ID work like your passport or driving licence. If you've already booked your tickets then surely you just need to prove to them that it's you with some photographic ID?
Hi all,

Thanks!

Hi,

The best option is to get a replacement ID card from your uni, it should be fairly easy I would imagine, any info point at your uni should be able to sort you out.

Kind regards,
Juzer
Cov Uni Student Ambassador
Hi all,

Thanks!

Hi there,

I would call them up and explain the situation. But make sure that you contact your university for a replacement card as soon as you can so that you have it for term starting.

I hope this helps,

Ellen
Y3 Medical Student
Uni of Sunderland
Digital ambassador
Reply 7
Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for the responses. All was fine. I called up every place and explained. They were all fine. One place said I could show my student profile on my Virtual learning environment but that was the the only place that wanted proof. Everywhere else let me go in without showing ID.

I've also called my Uni and again they were fine too. For. a small fee they are sending out a replacement to me very soon, though watch me find my missing student card when/before I recieved it! 😆😅. My luck is so bad that that is going to happen!

Thanks again everyone! 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending