The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Stirling applicants 2012?

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone else received any offers from the Business School? I'm so nervous!
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Original post by kirsty94
Hello,
I'm applying for Film and Media, with ABBC at higher, the A is in RMPS and I am planning on dropping Adv Higher RMPS tomorrow but am scared I may get a conditional in it, would Stirling give me a condition in something I already have an A at higher in?

It depends, are you doing any other subjects this year? Also, I'm pretty sure you need to let the universities know you're dropping a subject, so if you do get a conditional it won't include the subject you've dropped. Might be worth sending them an email/phone them and see what they say :smile:
Reply 402
Original post by draconia_93
It depends, are you doing any other subjects this year? Also, I'm pretty sure you need to let the universities know you're dropping a subject, so if you do get a conditional it won't include the subject you've dropped. Might be worth sending them an email/phone them and see what they say :smile:

I'm doing Adv Higher English, Higher Music (Re-sit as it was the one i got a c in) Higher History and Av Higher RMPS, I just called and they said I should call back tomorrow after 9 :smile: thank you :smile:.
Original post by midget1234

Someone in my year got an uncoditional to some business course at Stirling just seen it on facebook :tongue: I dont know what exact couse it was though. They got AABC at their highers if that helps? :smile:
Original post by kirsty94
I'm doing Adv Higher English, Higher Music (Re-sit as it was the one i got a c in) Higher History and Av Higher RMPS, I just called and they said I should call back tomorrow after 9 :smile: thank you :smile:.

I would say, though don't take my word on it, that you'd be safe to drop it, but double check with the university just to be sure. If you're confident you'd be able to get good grades in the other subjects if you did get a conditional then you should be ok. No worries, good luck! :smile:
Reply 405
hey has anyone recieved any offers for Philosophy/Religion courses yet?
Reply 406
Original post by Amelia01
hey has anyone recieved any offers for Philosophy/Religion courses yet?

NO!! French and Religion - still nothing :frown:
Anyone on here applying for Geography? :smile:
Reply 408
Original post by midget1234

I got my offer for business studies yesterday, so don't worry your offer will be soon!
Offer for History!!! So happy :smile:
Reply 410
Anyone
Been rejected for law recently? Still waiting on my decision :smile: good luck to everyone applying to Stirling :biggrin:
Unconditional for Psychology today! :biggrin:
Has anyone heard back for any of the Primary Education courses at stirling?
Reply 413
Unconditional for International Management and Intercultural Studies! soo happy! been waiting since november for an offer :biggrin:
Reply 414
I WANT AN OFFER :frown:
But congrats, everyone!
Reply 415
conditional for psychology & french! :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 416
Unconditional for Primary Education with Modern Languages :biggrin: just firmed it, I cannot wait til September!!
Received a unconditional for Computing Science around 3pm.:biggrin:
Really shocked though, expected for it to be conditional as they asked for BBBB at Higher but I have ABBC. Going to phone them up tommorow to clarify it!:smile:
Conditional for Computing Science today :biggrin: Need a B in my Graded unit this year!
Reply 419
Original post by kaaaaayleigh
I WANT AN OFFER :frown:
But congrats, everyone!

Me too! Seeing so many people saying that they have an offer! Even more gutting when its for the same course as me :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest