The Student Room Group

Clearing and university

I got quite low grades in my A-Levels BBC which an extra qualification of an EPQ with a B grade. And I really really wanted to go to the university of Edinburgh but was rejected and now I don’t know what to do at all because I really wanted to go Russel group and I don’t even know how I ended up with the grades I did when I’ve worked at As and A*s for the past two years at college.
Hello
I am student ambassador of Coventry University.
If you have low grades , you still have a chance of securing a place through clearing! Call hotline 024 76888888, for more information.

Thank you
Sejal
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Alannah0412
I got quite low grades in my A-Levels BBC which an extra qualification of an EPQ with a B grade. And I really really wanted to go to the university of Edinburgh but was rejected and now I don’t know what to do at all because I really wanted to go Russel group and I don’t even know how I ended up with the grades I did when I’ve worked at As and A*s for the past two years at college.

Hi :wavey:

I'm sorry today has been a disappointment, especially with your track record.

What are you planning to study. There are lots of brilliant universities. Many non RG universities offer excellent courses/ excel in specific areas.

Have you taken a look at Clearing?

Have you looked at Grade Boundaries? How far you were from AA/B?
Reply 3
Original post by She-Ra
Hi :wavey:

I'm sorry today has been a disappointment, especially with your track record.

What are you planning to study. There are lots of brilliant universities. Many non RG universities offer excellent courses/ excel in specific areas.

Have you taken a look at Clearing?

Have you looked at Grade Boundaries? How far you were from AA/B?

I’ve looked at clearing and decided to go for Stirling university in Scotland I just knew I could do better and that I’m frustrated I won’t be able to go to a Russel group. And no I’ve not looked at grade boundaries, do you know how I can find them?
I’ve looked at clearing and decided to go for Stirling university in Scotland I just knew I could do better and that I’m frustrated I won’t be able to go to a Russel group. And no I’ve not looked at grade boundaries, do you know how I can find them?

Grade boundaries should be on exam boards websites. Worth taking a look.

I promise you a Russell Group isn't the be all and end all - placements/ year in industry carry a lot of weight and will give you the experience that will make your application stand out when it comes to graduate opportunities.
Reply 5
Original post by She-Ra
Grade boundaries should be on exam boards websites. Worth taking a look.

I promise you a Russell Group isn't the be all and end all - placements/ year in industry carry a lot of weight and will give you the experience that will make your application stand out when it comes to graduate opportunities.

I just looked at the boundaries and I was 8 marks off a B in law and 6 marks off a A in sociology.

Is it worth appealing? And if so how do I go about that?
I just looked at the boundaries and I was 8 marks off a B in law and 6 marks off a A in sociology.

It could be - sociology feels more of a possibility than law.

Can you speak to your college - they will have have to submit for a remark on your behalf. If the grade does not change there is a charge you will have to pay. Of course with any remark there is a chance the grade could go down.

If you are happy to go to Stirling and make most of it, that could really serve you.

The other option is re-sit your A-levels and take the year out, then reapply to uni and go to a uni you genuinely want to go too.

You can request your scripts for free and ask your school to look at them first. They will be able to advise you if it is worth paying for a review of marking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending