The Student Room Group

AQA A level Chemistry Practical

I am wondering whether anyone has any resources or tips in dealing with the practical and how to achieve an A?

Thanks for your replies.
Follow the instructions, do what your teacher says and make sure you get concordant results.

You are marked in part on how close you are to your teacher's answer.
Reply 2
Do as many practice exams as your teacher can be persuaded to do, I know it sounds basic but make sure you are completely familiar with all the equipment, you don't want the added worry of not really being sure what you're dealing with.
Pay absolute attention to your teacher(s) in the run up to it, they'll no doubt be giving you as many subtle hints and tips as possible.
Also revise thoroughly all the things you think are common sense, like sources of error, things that could have gone wrong, you'll be surprised how much common sense you lose under pressure :biggrin:
If it's a titration or something, don't just do two, then make the rest up to match, there's a reason you do 4 or 5, more than that is a tad excessive.
Remember to draw a pretty table (straight lines, pencil, units etc.) and be carefull with your significant figures and you're all set. :smile:
Ask your teacher what can you possibly do to get you an A on the practicals. Honestly just ask. I got an E for my A2 practical I hate my teacher :frown: :mad:
Listen really hard in the few lessons before it, the teacher will probably be going through whatever they think is going to be useful for that practical.

Follow the instructions carefully, give them a second read through each time. Don't be lazy with measuing things out, be careful with heating things if they have to be at a certain temp, read up on how to check purity, calculate moles and probable contaminants etc
Reply 5
if it is aqa - give up now - other schools doing aqa chemistry cheat - last year 70% was required for an E grade

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending