The Student Room Group

Good online resources for A-Level Chemistry self-study?

I plan on self-studying Chemistry outside of college and I'm interested in starting ASAP so I can book my exams for 2024 and be able to apply and get in for 2025 (don't want to get into uni too late haha!)

Just wanted to ask if anyone has or knows of any good resources online for self-studying AL Chem? I've picked up a few textbooks and downloaded most/all of the stuff off of my college's Chemistry department's resources but I'm looking for as much as possible as I really need to work as hard as possible to get the grade I want in it.

Any content or knowledge of where to find content is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
My main revision resources, alongside taught lessons, were Allery Chemistry (YouTube), the CGP revision guide and Physics and Maths Tutor notes. There is also Chemrevise, SaveMyExams and Quizlet, etc. It is also important to have a strong understanding of the required practicals as there are a number of questions (especially paper 3) centered around them. A-level Chemistry also requires you to memorise certain chemical reactions and formulas etc. I did AQA for your info. Good luck and hope this helps!
Original post by DFLETCH22
My main revision resources, alongside taught lessons, were Allery Chemistry (YouTube), the CGP revision guide and Physics and Maths Tutor notes. There is also Chemrevise, SaveMyExams and Quizlet, etc. It is also important to have a strong understanding of the required practicals as there are a number of questions (especially paper 3) centered around them. A-level Chemistry also requires you to memorise certain chemical reactions and formulas etc. I did AQA for your info. Good luck and hope this helps!

Thank you very much! Will take a look at all of these later as I'm also doing AQA AL Chem. Should be good for practicals as I've booked to have them done as well in some centre somewhere haha

Quick Reply

Latest