The Student Room Group

Can you take knickers back to topshop?

I got some knickers for Christmas but all my relatives clearly think I am a lot bigger than I am, and they are all too big.

Are you allowed to take underwear back? for hygiene reasons?
x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
unlikely that youll be able to return them - most stored have an underwear get out clause
Reply 2
With the swing tags on it should be OK. If not, I don't think I'd bother.
Reply 3
yeah the tags are on.. i'm still not sure if you can though xx
Reply 4
i doubt it. unless they are still in a sealed packaging, if not no, i mean would you want to buy some undies which someone tried on?
Reply 5
There's nothing saying she tried them on! I've taken uderwear with tags back to the shop before, though it wasn't Topshop.
Reply 6
yeah, i never said she did, im just saying, that there not going to know that are they? so they wont take it back..
Reply 7
But like I said, I've taken knickers back to a shop before. So they might take them back...

it all depends on the individual policies of the store.
The policy varies from shop to shop. I always thought that they would state somewhere on the returns policy if you couldn't, like shops always tell you when buying earings that you can't return them for hygine reasons. Surely if you couldn't return underwear you should be told before you buy. You could always argue that the policy doesn't state you can't so you would like to be able to return the items.
Reply 9
Worst you could do is ask really. If the tags are still on, well fine.

I work in a shop, and if the tags are still on underwear etc, we'll take them back. If not, then no.

Unless Topshop are particularly strict, I don't see why not, especially if it isn't mentioned in their returns policy.

Topshop Website
In the interests of hygience we do not offer refunds on pierced jewellery, cosmetics or briefs unless faulty.

Maybe you could ask in store, they haven't been worn after all!
Reply 10
just say u havent tried them on as you know they aren't your size as you have already got some underwear from here and say they were a present. they'll prob make you exchange them if they did accept that you could return them.
They really are not supposed to let you do it but I once swapped some boxers because I bought like 10 pairs and wore a pair and they were really uncomfortable. I took the other 9 pairs back and said they were rubbish. Obviously not the pair I had wore...yucky
Topshop don't allow you to return knickers I don't think. They won't allow you to try them on either so it seems unlikely. They do allow you to return bras though.
One of the assistants who told me that you couldn't try them on but you could try it on at home and then return it if it didn't fit!! :biggrin: She was having a bad day I think....
Reply 13
no.. you cannot return panties to topshop! i tried once and couldnt then found out u cant take them bck to any of the arcadia group shops.
Reply 14
I did once cuz I bought some of the 3 for £7 ones and one pair was a size 14 on size 10 hanger!! They just let me change them!
Reply 15
Why on earth is it anonymous?! I reckon they might let you exchange them for a different size because then it's obvious that it's stupid relatives...
YES YOU CAN!!!!!!

i work in Topshop and as long as you still have the tag on and it is obvious they have not been worn then you can return them, however, if you have not got your reciept (which i assume u haven't as they were a gift) then you can have an exchange only for the current selling price!
Thats not bad. Some shops are a bit iffy about you trying to return anything! Such a pain! I bought a top and then found out it was the wrong size (on the wrong size hanger) and returned without a receipt only to find out it had been reduced in price. Got a bag instead though which was cool!
Reply 18
Jenna999
I got some knickers for Christmas [from] my relatives

what kind of dodgy family do you come from?!?! for christmas! relatives! Crazy...is there something i am missing here?
What if I have all the tags but one is not attached to the the pants??

Quick Reply

Latest