The Student Room Group

Engineering business management?

My IB predicted overall grade is 40 points. I do Physics, business and ITGS HL, and Maths, English A1, Arabic A2 SL. I am particularly interested in a course named engineering business management which I found in Warwick, exeter and city university lonfon.

For this course, City & Exeter require 32 IB points while Warwick requires 36 points so i think its safe to say I will get accepted in all 3, my question is, which one do u think is better in terms of reputation, recognition and overall college life?
Don't bother doing engineering business management. Either do straight engineering or another course.
Reply 2
I would say Warwick and Exeter are both very good in terms of college life and recognition, with Warwick slightly edging the reputation category.
City itself, is also good, but not on par with the others imo.

It is best that you check out each campus and speak to lecturers yourself, that will give you a better idea of the uni and course than anyone on the forum.

Good luck.
Reply 3
Out of those 3, Warwick has a much better reputation. Look at the courses and see which you think you'll enjoy the most. And go to open days and see how each university feels. Only then can you really make an informed decision.
Reply 4
Original post by Smack
Don't bother doing engineering business management. Either do straight engineering or another course.
Why not? It teaches me how to manage engineering companies and is a very interesting course
Original post by esssam
Why not? It teaches me how to manage engineering companies and is a very interesting course

Because it's seen as a weak degree by industry and you will struggle to compete with people who did proper engineering degrees.
Reply 6
I found an interesting course named 'Engineering business management' in warwick and university of exeter where you learn how to manage engineering businesses and such.
I really like the idea of the course as I find straight engineering too difficult and straight business management too simple. What is your opinion is this a good course? I plan to do an MBA after finishing this course too...
Reply 7
Original post by Smack
Because it's seen as a weak degree by industry and you will struggle to compete with people who did proper engineering degrees.

but it still is a stronger degree than business management right?
Original post by esssam
but it still is a stronger degree than business management right?

I honestly don't know. But I do not see the point in an engineering business management degree because it has no benefits over a proper engineering degree; only disadvantages.

Quick Reply

Latest