The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Northumbria Applicants for 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by silverfence
Hi, my offer from Northumbria was changed to unconditional the other day :smile: I was just wondering when those who have recieved unconditional offers will be sent timetimes/reading list(s) etc.?

I've been an unconditional offer holder for months now (ever since February actually) and I haven't received a reading list/timetable. I'd really, really like a reading list!
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 321
Hii

Go on the Northumbria website and find the page for your course. When you look on the modules it has suggested readings.
Reply 322
Original post by lauraturnbull
Hello :smile:
I have an unconditional from Northumbria and I'm about 90% sure that's where I'm going (if not, it will be Newcastle). I'm reading English Language Studies. Is anyone else on this course?

I'm doing English Language too!
Hello aidjo :smile: are you definitely at Northumbria or waiting on results?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Hello everyone,

If any of you have any questions about university life, facilities or any other aspects of university please ask us!

We're here to help and provide you with any information we can.

Best wishes,

Leanne

Northumbria University
I'm hopefully going to be studying Performance in sept, currently holding a conditional offer. does anyone know how lenient they are with points/grades? I had alot of Personal problems around exam time and im worried I may not quite have got my grades. Thank you :smile:
Original post by RhiannonMarie
I'm hopefully going to be studying Performance in sept, currently holding a conditional offer. does anyone know how lenient they are with points/grades? I had alot of Personal problems around exam time and im worried I may not quite have got my grades. Thank you :smile:

Hello there,

If I were you, I would email [email protected] and ask them specifically, including information about any issues you may have had. They will be able to provide you with an answer that is specific to you.

Kind regards,

Leanne

Northumbria University
Reply 327
Original post by MollT
Hi I've firmed Physio as well! I am definitely going to live in the city because think it will be better for a social life as more students are there plus I think they run free buses between the two campuses so hopefully won't be too hard to get to coach lane for lectures etc :smile:

Original post by jack9
I've firmed Northumbria for physiotherapy and was wondering where most of the people that do courses at Coach Lane Campus live as i've heard most live in the city still?

Hi have either of you got onto physio??
Reply 328
We need an applicant stalking page, just done a quick search and I can't seem to find one; anybody willing? :biggrin:
Original post by Sophyla
We need an applicant stalking page, just done a quick search and I can't seem to find one; anybody willing? :biggrin:

What's a stalking page? Do we get to stalk people? I'm up for some stalking.
Original post by FluffyPinkFlamingo

sounding a little over eager :wink:

i havent managed to make friends with ANYONE going to northumbria, im moving 200 miles away from home and im going to be friendless :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 331
Original post by FluffyPinkFlamingo

Yeah, like a list of people going and what they're studying, prime stalking material :colone:

Also, anyone in Manor Bank? :biggrin:
Original post by Sophyla

Hello there,

You could try our Facebook page www.facebook.com/northumbriauni

There are lots of people posting on our wall at the moment with accommodation that they are staying in and what courses they are doing.

You could also like the following Facebook page too!

https://www.facebook.com/newtonorthumbria

Kind regards,

Leanne

Northumbria University
Aaaahhh going to uniiiiiiiiiii

:smile:
After looking at the Bursaries + Scholarships page, I realised my grades made me eligible for the £1000 per year scholarship. Do I need to apply for this or will it come through automatically, like it would with my student loan? Also at which stage is it recieved? (Start of term, end of year? etc..)
Original post by Jamesturnbull
After looking at the Bursaries + Scholarships page, I realised my grades made me eligible for the £1000 per year scholarship. Do I need to apply for this or will it come through automatically, like it would with my student loan? Also at which stage is it recieved? (Start of term, end of year? etc..)

You don't have to apply and it comes through in February.
Original post by StacFace
You don't have to apply and it comes through in February.

Ok, thank you very much.
Original post by Jamesturnbull

Hello James,

If you are eligible for the scholarship, you don't need to apply. You will be automatically awarded the scholarship so you don't need to worry about doing anything. :smile:

The scholarships are usually awarded in February and are awarded to you through Student Finance.

Hope this helps,

Leanne

Northumbria University
Reply 338
I'm studying English Literature and I'm staying in Flat 7 of the Stephenson Building..any one else similar?
Original post by lechoc
I'm studying English Literature and I'm staying in Flat 7 of the Stephenson Building..any one else similar?

flat 5 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending