The Student Room Group

help with law unis?

Hi, I'm in desperate need of help finding another law university with grades of ABB or lower, but is still a decent university for law.
I have already applied for 4- Lancaster (AAB), UEA (AAB), Strathclyde (AAB-BBB) and Royal Holloway (BBB contextual). My predicted grades are ABB so I'm concerned about not getting in to any of my choices and I am desperately trying to find a 5th choice which is more reasonable.
Can anyone suggest any ABB law universities?
And is City University London good? I have seen that that is ABB, or Surrey or Northumbria?

Thanks!
Original post by myarv2
Hi, I'm in desperate need of help finding another law university with grades of ABB or lower, but is still a decent university for law.
I have already applied for 4- Lancaster (AAB), UEA (AAB), Strathclyde (AAB-BBB) and Royal Holloway (BBB contextual). My predicted grades are ABB so I'm concerned about not getting in to any of my choices and I am desperately trying to find a 5th choice which is more reasonable.
And is City University London good? I have seen that that is ABB, or Surrey or Northumbria?

Thanks!

Surrey, Queen Mary, Southampton
Hi there,

Coventry University offers applicants to study Law LLB, having acquired BBB in their a-levels. Aston University and The University of Law, also, have an entry requirement of BBB. All three universities are decent and reputable.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Narusha
Coventry University Student Ambassador
I would suggest waiting to send of your application as the deadline is not for another three months and try getting your predicted grades upped.

Literally all of the unis you've listed will be in clearing so you should apply for some 'aspirational' choices. Cardiff, Liverpool, Sheffield, Newcastle and Southampton are ones I would apply for.

Exeter and Newcastle used to do BBB contextual offer so see if that is still the case. Leeds will also lower your offer to AAB if you are contextually eligible.

I really would encourage you to apply for some lower ranked RG unis for the reason I stated above. I would say apply to at least 3, Lancaster and another uni like Leicester.
Original post by myarv2

Thanks!

Heya, I hope you're doing well,

At Northumbria the entry requirement for Law is 120 UCAS points and our Law School is one of the largest in the UK and is ranked 7th amongst UK law schools for research power. We also have a specially designed mock courtroom in our Law School which is cool!

I this helps and you end up finding the perfect course for you where ever you end up. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions at all :smile:

Beth.
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by myarv2

Thanks!

Hi @myarv2,
Nice to hear your considering Lancaster. Lancaster does sometimes offer contextual offers for various reasons, so it might be worth seeing if you eligible for any of these. I've attached the website if you want to have a look https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/contextual-offers/#who-is-eligible-493796-1
Also, if you've got any questions about Lancaster, feel free to ask!
-Jasmine (Lancaster student ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending