The Student Room Group

Gaddafi dead? More proof than Bin Laden's death...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Steezy
I didn't say I don't think he's dead. My frustration is that the vast majority of people simply can't be arsed to think. Not just about OBL, about EVERYTHING.

What is your opinion then? And god I know we're all so braindead aren't we... :colonhash: I think we should be more like you.
Bashar Al-Assad must be quaking in his boots right now.
Bloody conspiracy theorists.......
Reply 64
Quite simply there is no absolute 100% proof that OBL is dead, and if that's the only thing that will satisfy you it's the truth then unfortunately there is no way you will be convinced. That's why we have to look at the other things; it wouldn't be in Al-Qaeda's interest to accept his death so why do they do it? It would seem strange that America would create such a complex fabrication, so why would they? They're the sort of questions that need to be asked to determine whether it's likely he died, because otherwise there is no evidence, and there won't be as long as America are, rightfully, reluctant to release it.
Original post by el scampio
Because they are dumbed down, brainwashed sheeple who only believe what the idiot box tells them to believe.

So how do you form your own opinions if they aren't based upon media stories?
Poor Gadaffi, we should set up a memorial so we can remember him for all he has done for international relations and his country. :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by CombineHarvester

Ahahahha, that's ****ing hilarious lol. It would make more sense to have it on the website of the people he bought the golden gun from though.
Reply 68
al-Qaeda released a statement confirming the death of bin Laden.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 69
Original post by abc:)
What is your opinion then? And god I know we're all so braindead aren't we... :colonhash: I think we should be more like you.

You know absolutely nothing about me personally so please leave the back handed, personal insults at the door.

I like to be given all the available information from my employer - The UK (Yes, you are an employee of the United Kingdom).

The UK is a registered business of which you become an employee when registered for birth. It gives you the priveleges of being an employee (certain rights, the ability to get a house, to take a loan from a bank, to travel between countries). It also comes with liabilities (paying taxes, abiding by the laws of the company or country).

If your employer (by this I mean your boss at work) started paying you less and using your money very badly or for personal gain you'd be pissed off right?

The UK (your employer) gambles heavily in stock exchange markets which are controlled by bankers who want to make a personal profit.

Your employer is lying to you, taking your money and gambling with it. You're sitting there watching the media which is controlled by the same people who control the stock market and therefore your money.

You are happy, asking no questions.

Some day soon this is going to bite us all in the arse and it will be every man for themselves. It's plain to see if you dig deep enough. All the while you're constantly being lied to and distracted whilst the bankers play games with your money to gain personal wealth.
Reply 70
Original post by Steezy
You know absolutely nothing about me personally so please leave the back handed, personal insults at the door.

I like to be given all the available information from my employer - The UK (Yes, you are an employee of the United Kingdom).

The UK is a registered business of which you become an employee when registered for birth. It gives you the priveleges of being an employee (certain rights, the ability to get a house, to take a loan from a bank, to travel between countries). It also comes with liabilities (paying taxes, abiding by the laws of the company or country).

If your employer (by this I mean your boss at work) started paying you less and using your money very badly or for personal gain you'd be pissed off right?

The UK (your employer) gambles heavily in stock exchange markets which are controlled by bankers who want to make a personal profit.

Your employer is lying to you, taking your money and gambling with it. You're sitting there watching the media which is controlled by the same people who control the stock market and therefore your money.

You are happy, asking no questions.

Some day soon this is going to bite us all in the arse and it will be every man for themselves. It's plain to see if you dig deep enough. All the while you're constantly being lied to and distracted whilst the bankers play games with your money to gain personal wealth.

Read the bold and then adapt the underlined so that it goes from me to you :smile:

Edit - Also what the **** kind of tangent is this all I wanted to know was whether you think Osama is dead or not!
Reply 71
Read the bold and then adapt the underlined so that it goes from me to you :smile:

Edit - Also what the **** kind of tangent is this all I wanted to know was whether you think Osama is dead or not!

Fine, but the rest? The actual point which was made?
Reply 72

Not that this is directly about OBL but yes, I beleive he died a long time ago.

As previously stated (and recently ignored by yourself), the point I'm trying to make is why is nobody asking questions. The points (or tangent as you put it) were what I beleive people should be thinking about at this present moment as it will and does affect all of us.

My point is that noone gives a ****! And if you do give a **** or want to be presented with evidence about a subject, ask questions or contemplate alternatives to the ones presented, you're labelled a fool, an idiot and sniggered at.

The point is, we're being lied to, constantly, noone gives a **** and it WILL affect you sooner or later.
Original post by Nihilum
Kinda feel sorry for him. He was, like many other Middle Eastern dictators, backed by the West right up until the sequence of events that lead to his demise.

Just like Saddam, stabbed in the back by the West because he went a little too far.

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Amen.

The people who negged you are narrow minded people who believe every politician and cruddy news story.
To all those saying good riddance, please watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJURNC0e6Ek
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Steezy
Not that this is directly about OBL but yes, I beleive he died a long time ago.

As previously stated (and recently ignored by yourself), the point I'm trying to make is why is nobody asking questions. The points (or tangent as you put it) were what I beleive people should be thinking about at this present moment as it will and does affect all of us.

My point is that noone gives a ****! And if you do give a **** or want to be presented with evidence about a subject, ask questions or contemplate alternatives to the ones presented, you're labelled a fool, an idiot and sniggered at.

The point is, we're being lied to, constantly, noone gives a **** and it WILL affect you sooner or later.

This is common among the "troofer" movement and it's quite easy to dismantle by being pedantic.

The problem is your setting a burden of proof so high that it would be almost impossible for you to be convinced. Since the burden is arbitrary one could set it so great that no one could ever be convinced with the evidence they have.

So how do you know Osama bin Laden ever existed or was ever alive in the first place? Prove to me he was. Without circumstantial evidence. The government? they have there own agenda. The news? So do they. Videos you've seen on the internet? Can easily be doctored (interestingly enough there is legitimate questions over the veracity of some of his videos and of course ridiculous ones by the conspiracy movement) Voice recordings? Have you ever heard him. Witnesses? Could be lying.

I can't prove he's dead you can't prove he ever lived.
Original post by maths time is here
why do people hate gaddafi so much?

cause the west is quite manipulative
Reply 77
Original post by Steezy
A guy at work just told me Gaddafi's dead and showed me a picture of a dead guy who sort of looks like him, on the BBC website.

He said, but we can't tell really, could just be rumours.

Then I said, well I've still not seen proof that Bin Laden's dead.

He said, "yeah but that's the American's" As if that's proof (sort of like the Bible I guess).

So can anyone convince me that Bin Laden's dead? I'm talking PROOF, not circumstancial evidence or "ohh, it's not in American's interest, etc, etc, etc"

I don't want any double guesses of America's motives, I want to know what proof you think you've seen of Bin Laden's death which makes you believe it's true.

Wow, you're arrogant. Why do you think you are so special that you think you deserve to be shown pics or video of his death? Who are you? :eyeball: This has been said a million times, but I'll say it once again slowly so you can catch up---PARADING PICS AND VIDEO OF HIS DEATH WOULD DO MORE HARM THAN GOOD. IF HE IS ALIVE, WHY NO MORE VIDEOS? WHY AREN'T HIS FELLOW OFFICIALS SAYING HE IS ALIVE? WHY WOULDN'T THEY HAVE FAKE HIS DEATH SOONER? WHAT WAS TO GAIN BY FIGHTING THIS WAR FOR 10 YEARS? WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM THAT? WHOSE IDEA WAS IT--BUSH'S OR OBAMA'S? WHY WOULD OBAMA CONTINUE SOMETHING BUSH SUPPOSEDLY STARTED? WHAT WOULD OBAMA GAIN BY CREATING THIS LIE IF IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH BUSH? WITH ALL OF THE PEOPLE INVOLVED, DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT SOMEONE WOULDN'T HAVE LEAKED ANYTHING BY NOW? WHEN WILL PEOPLE LIKE YOU STOP FILLING UP TSR WITH RIDICULOUS POST? WHEN WILL YOU REALIZE THAT THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND YOU? WHEN WILL YOU GET OVER YOURSELF?

Did you get that? :upyours:
Reply 78
Original post by bestofyou
cause the west is quite manipulative

don't be an idiot. he was a DICTATOR

the west didn't manipulate our little minds into believing he was a bad man

he WAS a bad man.
He was alive when captured it seems.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending