The Student Room Group

Does anyone know what I can expect?

I applied for student finance around a week ago. I was told it would take 15 working days to sort out my funding. I have applied for a course through clearing and was successful.

I have to prove compelling reasons so I uploaded evidence of therapy sessions I had when I was really struggling with mental health during coronavirus.

I also uploaded evidence of struggling with bereavements during my previous course so I uploaded 2 death certificates.

To explain this a little more in detail…

I previously studied product design and I studied 3 years of my course and then repeated third year. I dropped out during my repeat of third year.

This means I have to be granted 2 years of extra funding (I applied for an accelerated course) to be able to complete the course.

I uploaded evidence of the therapy sessions I had with the NHS during the coronavirus pandemic for proof of my bad mental health during 1 year of my studies.

I also uploaded evidence of bereavements (2 death certificates) I struggled with during another year of my studies.

Does anyone know if I can expect this to be approved by SFE? I’m also very stressed out about this because SFE keep pushing my next expected update date back. It’s all the way in mid December now whereas I’ve been told on the phone it should be done by the 10th of October. Yesterday it said November 15th. Does anyone know what I can expect please… I’m very stressed out.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Jordanx88
I applied for student finance around a week ago. I was told it would take 15 working days to sort out my funding. I have applied for a course through clearing and was successful.

I have to prove compelling reasons so I uploaded evidence of therapy sessions I had when I was really struggling with mental health during coronavirus.

I also uploaded evidence of struggling with bereavements during my previous course so I uploaded death certificates.

To explain this a little more in detail…

I previously studied product design and I studied 3 years of my course and then repeated third year. I dropped out during my repeat of third year.

This means I have to be granted 2 years of extra funding (I applied for an accelerated course) to be able to complete the course.

I uploaded evidence of therapy sessions during the coronavirus pandemic for proof of my bad mental health during 1 year of my studies.

I also uploaded evidence of bereavements (death certificates) I struggled with during another year of my studies.

Does anyone know if I can expect this to be approved by SFE? I’m also very stressed out about this because SFE keep pushing my next expected update date back. It’s all the way in mid December now whereas I’ve been told on the phone it should be done by the 10th of October. Yesterday it said November 15th. Does anyone know what I can expect please… I’m very stressed out.

Hi there, evidence can take 6 weeks to process as an estimated timescale so do disregard the December date on your account. If you keep an eye on your account once updated you'll be notified that this has been processed. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending