The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9060

Spoiler

A sader day for ratings is probably now when their whole revamp idea to get more ratings hasn't worked out as they have planned at least in Aus anyway.

Although I watched Neighbours in HD last night, it does look pretty good. :biggrin:
Reply 9061
neighbours isnt that bad at all :smile:

just a bit slow moving.

HD is brilliant :bl:

extra £10 fee?
Reply 9062
Some recently Aussie ratings, neighbours at least over here isn't doing as well as they hoped especially after the revamp. I mean I know neighbours is secure 10 yr contract in the UK I think and I very much doubt they would take it off screens here but the ratings just aren't what they used to be and it has been like that for awhile.

I just hope Neighbours picks up it's game, gets characters and keeps them for awhile instead of all these recent and multiple leavings of late, better storylines etc and goes back to "good neighbours" we all need, know and love. :smile:

But that's just my point of view, I know that in the UK Neighbour is probably more popular then it is here/has a stronger following.

Recent aussie ratings to compare to the two shows.

Friday 30th May

5 Home And Away Seven 1.152
17 Neighbours TEN 0.732m

Thanks to **Julie** from BTTB (Home and Away website) for the ratings.

anelka9
extra £10 fee?

Er, I'm in Aus - we don't have to pay for free to air tv (i.e. no tv licence). :smile:
Marco was in my dream last night :|:|

and yes.. he was gay.
Reply 9064
marco growing on me :smile:

neighbours needs to turn into more of a sunset beach kind of programme
I dont think we're supposed to like him?? I certainly don't.
Oliver FTW
It should go more cosy like with Lou's place. Charlie's is too minimalistic and modern.

Also, we need more people like the Timmins', we need more random comic mometns (Boyd as a doctor in Janaes dream anyone? lol 'but what about the triplets?!' haha)
and also a bad guy who can't die no matter how many times he falls off cliffs or loses limbs.
Also stupid things like the twins storyline. Ahhh, Rob Rob how i miss you :-)
Bring back Darcy!!! That would be awesome!!!

-x-
You know who annoyed me today Oliver; so up his own ****. Thats my rant for today.

Can't wait for new people everythings starting to mellow no over the top Neighbours Style Scenes :frown:
Reply 9069
oliver is a bitter good looking man
Reply 9070
ferret123
It should go more cosy like with Lou's place. Charlie's is too minimalistic and modern.

Also, we need more people like the Timmins', we need more random comic mometns (Boyd as a doctor in Janaes dream anyone? lol 'but what about the triplets?!' haha)
and also a bad guy who can't die no matter how many times he falls off cliffs or loses limbs.
Also stupid things like the twins storyline. Ahhh, Rob Rob how i miss you :-)

I know what you mean... it's all just getting a bit too realistic at the moment, if that's really possible with Neighbours. I mean, we've had two storylines recently focusing on the sale of a house, and no one's tried to kill anyone!
^Ramsay street is the street of miracles!

So, If it was upto you:
a) who would you bring back

b) What surreal storyline would you like to see?

For me it'd be a) the old Paul back again
b) Kristen takes Paul hostage for more money, and Paul fights her off with his fake leg and knocks her unconcious. Then a meteor hits the exact place where Kristen fell, killing her instantly. Ned is arrested but Mickey admits to the murder. Mickey gets life. :-)
Reply 9072
*Ben admits to being an acomplice, and is locked up also!

We can but hope...
ferret123

So, If it was upto you:

Kylie :p:
^lol
Actually there are so many I would love...Madge (in true neighbours 'she faked her own death' style!), Stingray (ditto) and Boyd/skye/dylan and tad
There are so many!
I would bring back Rick Alessi - He was the pure nads... ;yes;
ferret123
So, If it was upto you:

Oh there's too many!! Urrrm

a) Darcy

b) Darcy gets with Kirsten which annoys Paul - they then join forces and make start doing evil things as per norm (which aren't really ever that evil!), Kirsten finds out so they kill her (mwahahahaha). They then try and recruit Declan who is fine with it until he finds out they are planning to kill Rebecca (...'cause, y'know :p:)!!

Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!

I'd love people like Madge and Stingray back, but it's kinda hard to say they didn't die when we watched it on screen!! Madge's death was the saddest ever :frown: I still can't watch it without getting a bit teary-eyed!

Ohh! Thought of a new one!

a) Hancock family (anyone remember them? haha)

b) Due to SORAS, Leo will now been around 20ish and Emily will be the same age as the 'teens'. Leo can hook up with Elle (or even better, Carmella!) and Emily can hook up with Ringo (as i'm still a firm Didget believer!!). With Maggie back, the question will be, will she want to have an affair with Toadie again!?!

Ok i'll stop now... haha, could think of loads!

-x-
ferret123

So, If it was upto you:

Dylan and Sky.
Not because I liked sky, I just loved Sky and Dylan's love.
Zomg bring back Dylan :frown: :frown:
Hancock Family...

They were the most boring family in the entire history of Neighbours. :p:
In all fairness they didn't have time to grow!! People didn't like them when the first came, so the producers took note and axed them... then they started getting some interesting storylines but left!

I just loved Emily, so cute!! WAY better than the girl who played Lolly at the time, she was well annoying

-x-

Latest