The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

What is it like as a bisexual guy at University?

So, I'm starting uni in September and I want to take this as an opportunity to explore my sexuality for the first time. How easy is it for me to meet other LGBT folk, particularly other bi and gay guys. Do you have to do this at the gay bars or are there other places (particularly on campus) we're this is easy and safe to do?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So, I'm starting uni in September and I want to take this as an opportunity to explore my sexuality for the first time. How easy is it for me to meet other LGBT folk, particularly other bi and gay guys. Do you have to do this at the gay bars or are there other places (particularly on campus) we're this is easy and safe to do?

Do you mean specifically at the University of Liverpool?
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Do you mean specifically at the University of Liverpool?

Yes, specifically University of Liverpool. Does anyone have any tips with meeting people at that uni or just uni in general? I've never done anything like that before and don't exactly where to start.
Reply 3
Pretty sure there's at least one, if not multiple societies for LQBTQ+ which could be what you're looking for.
Reply 4
Yes, specifically University of Liverpool. Does anyone have any tips with meeting people at that uni or just uni in general? I've never done anything like that before and don't exactly where to start.

There are loads of societies, including the LGBTQ+ Soc which has a FB group and Instagram page. There are also some departmental LGBT+ societies if a department is big enough. People are very accepting in Liverpool. My only criticism is that the university Soc is on the 'woke' side, if that makes sense, and some of my friends found them a little uptight, but that wasn't everyone's experience. Some of my friends loved it. I did have a gay friend who got a lot of homophobic abuse on a night out one time, but, this was an isolated incident with one friend in four years, and he admits that it was wrong place, wrong time. The gay bars are good and people on the whole are fantastic. Just thought I'd give you a fuller picture.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending