The Student Room Group

Is it okay to wear black shoes with light beige chinos?

So I've just bought some Chinos and I'm planning to wear them tonight, the only thing is I don't really have any shoes that go with them (planning to buy some plimsolls or something after xmas).

They are light beige colour and I tried them on earlier with a pair of black high top converse and a black t shirt and I thought it looked okay so that's what I'm planning to wear.

However I'm sure I've read a lot that you shouldn't wear dark shoes with light chinos? So will I look stupid?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't think that's a problem at all, especially if you're wearing black elsewhere, it'll tie it together. :smile:
Brown shoes / Brown belt will look a lot better :smile:
The only Chino I know does vocals for Deftones :headbang:
Reply 4
Not sure man, definite risk of nuclear warfare zombie apocalypse. Or something like that. Risky stuff.
Black shoes are fine, especially as you are wearing a black top...I LOVE MY CHINOS!
What other shoes do you have on offer, just to compare?
Reply 6
Original post by Drunk Punx
The only Chino I know does vocals for Deftones :headbang:

and very talented he is too
I wouldn't do that man. The fashion police might arrest ya.
Post a picture so we can get a better idea of what it would look like.
Reply 9
Black shoes and light beige chinos sound a bit harsh, and it may be better to go for brown shoes. However, if you think they look okay together, then wear them.
Original post by crocker710

This. Black shoes+ chino are a no-no.

And + rep for attempting to wear proper chinos properly. None of these Topman-funky cut-elastic bottom-straps hanging off your backside chinos worn with trainers and a skinny low v-neck tshirt

EDIT: I just read your post properly. Burn in hell.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by ktylntn
I don't think that's a problem at all, especially if you're wearing black elsewhere, it'll tie it together. :smile:

I think I'll just trust your judgement, seeing as I have no other choice of stuff to wear, the whole thread hasn't replied negatively so thanks :smile:

Original post by 3mm@
Black shoes are fine, especially as you are wearing a black top...I LOVE MY CHINOS!
What other shoes do you have on offer, just to compare?

Black and red Nike Dunks are basically my only other choice really lol.

Yeah I read this a lot but I don't have either of those things. Never been into the whole 'dress kinda smart casual' thing - usually just jeans and polo/tshirt with converse or trainers for going out.

Original post by Dominic101
I wouldn't do that man. The fashion police might arrest ya.

Tell me about it :frown:
Okay then I would definitely go for the converse, I think it will work anyway

Enjoy your 'casual-smart' evening (LOL) xxx
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Computerised
This. Black shoes+ chino are a no-no.

And + rep for attempting to wear proper chinos properly. None of these Topman-funky cut-elastic bottom-straps hanging off your backside chinos worn with trainers and a skinny low v-neck tshirt

EDIT: I just read your post properly. Burn in hell.

The four pairs I own are all RL (1 beige 1 khaki 1 royal blue 1 black) and are only worn with shirts not 'trainers or skinny low v-neck tshirts' so although I didn't say it, it's true. oh and none 'hang of my backside' or have 'funky cut-elastic bottom-straps'
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by 3mm@
Okay then I would definitely go for the converse, I think it will work anyway

Enjoy your 'casual-smart' evening (LOL) xxx

No the evening isn't casual-smart, I mean chinos are more smart looking than jeans which is what I usually wear on a night out and I don't really have any smart jumpers or things like that which you can also wear out.
Original post by Elasticity
No the evening isn't casual-smart, I mean chinos are more smart looking than jeans which is what I usually wear on a night out and I don't really have any smart jumpers or things like that which you can also wear out.

Ahhh...always was a bit slow... :banghead:
Reply 16
Original post by Pride
and very talented he is too

Alright Yoda :teehee:
The four pairs I own are all RL (1 beige 1 khaki 1 royal blue 1 black) and are only worn with shirts not 'trainers or skinny low v-neck tshirts' so although I didn't say it, it's true. oh and none 'hang of my backside' or have 'funky cut-elastic bottom-straps'

Excellent.

I have never tried RL chinos (too expensive). I usually go for Gant. I like the American size.
Reply 18
Chinos. Blergh ):<
Original post by Computerised
Excellent.

I have never tried RL chinos (too expensive). I usually go for Gant. I like the American size.

very comfy, last ages and nice fitting. Sounds good as long as they're not what you originally described they should be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest