The Student Room Group

Is it okay to wear black shoes with light beige chinos?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elasticity
So I've just bought some Chinos and I'm planning to wear them tonight, the only thing is I don't really have any shoes that go with them (planning to buy some plimsolls or something after xmas).

They are light beige colour and I tried them on earlier with a pair of black high top converse and a black t shirt and I thought it looked okay so that's what I'm planning to wear.

However I'm sure I've read a lot that you shouldn't wear dark shoes with light chinos? So will I look stupid?

Thanks

You can wear black shoes with beige chinos and a very light blue shirt or dark tan shoes ie loafers with a light pink shirt, or black shoes with a white shirt beige chinos and a dark blue blazer, or white limitless with a mid blue denim shirt and beige chinos.
Original post by Elasticity
I think I'll just trust your judgement, seeing as I have no other choice of stuff to wear, the whole thread hasn't replied negatively so thanks :smile:

Black and red Nike Dunks are basically my only other choice really lol.

Yeah I read this a lot but I don't have either of those things. Never been into the whole 'dress kinda smart casual' thing - usually just jeans and polo/tshirt with converse or trainers for going out.

Tell me about it :frown:

Black shoes does in fact go with beige chinoswith a tailored white shirt, and I've spent my life on buying and studying fashion, but the one thing to remember is your never keep up with it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 22
It's okay, don't worry.
What footwear do you have and what shirts do you own.

Quick Reply

Latest