Original post by TheArtOfThePoetic
Hi,
I haven't been on this since last year :O
Had my first exams today...21 to go :'(
How is everyone's revision going?

Revision is the worst thing ever!
Exceedingly stressful!!:frown:
And you?:smile:
Is anybody else taking OCR's FSMQ qualification?
Original post by justanotherindigo
Revision is the worst thing ever!
Exceedingly stressful!!:frown:
And you?:smile:

It is, the worst part is just before the exam because you can't do anything more.
Everything about it is so stressful especially when everyone asks you "what did you put for the answer to Q2"...It just makes me want to scream, I hate it.
How many exams have you got?
Original post by CameronMCFC
Is anybody else taking OCR's FSMQ qualification?

I am.

CharlieBoardamn and Blueray also are.

Just did a past paper today! Got 100/100 so an A!
Reply 8564
Original post by xoxlovelifexox
are you nervous?

Very much so, but, I've tried my hardest to succeed, I can only hope it pays off :smile:

You?
Reply 8565
Can't wait to fail music on Monday.
Reply 8566
Original post by Zotler
Can't wait to fail music on Monday.

Join the club, our music teacher hasn't taught us jack**** so we've had to learn it ourselves :/

Luckily though, I got 58/60 in the performance and 48/60 in the composition, so that should give me a nice safety net to rely on!
Reply 8567
Original post by c3ntury
Join the club, our music teacher hasn't taught us jack**** so we've had to learn it ourselves :/

Luckily though, I got 58/60 in the performance and 48/60 in the composition, so that should give me a nice safety net to rely on!

My teacher won't tell me what I got :'( but your results are awesome!

It's annoying because a lot of people in my class are just naturally really good at music, so they get all the listen to this and tell us bull**** stuff right and I don't, and don't even get me started on how poorly they taught the stuff you need to know about the different types of music. :confused:

I feel like this exam is going to be weirdly stressful because of really having a certain amount of time to write things, I just want it to be over already!
Reply 8568
Original post by Zotler
My teacher won't tell me what I got :'( but your results are awesome!

It's annoying because a lot of people in my class are just naturally really good at music, so they get all the listen to this and tell us bull**** stuff right and I don't, and don't even get me started on how poorly they taught the stuff you need to know about the different types of music. :confused:

I feel like this exam is going to be weirdly stressful because of really having a certain amount of time to write things, I just want it to be over already!

Yeah they still need to be moderated but I'm over the moon with my performance results :')

And I've got a powerpoint that covers the essentials if you want it, it's been passed down from a student to a student throughout the years but covers our spec (Edexcel)... just let me know if you need it at all :smile:

I'm just going to revise and hope for the best, after the hour I will actually just forget it all, can't stand music theory :tongue:
What's everyone's next exam?
Original post by GreenLantern1
Did the 2004 Past Paper and got 100/100 :smile: However I took the full 2 hours with no time to check which was a bit worrying. It was because I took 30 mins on a section B linear programming question. i got confused and had to redraw my graph! I really don't want linear programming because a) it is boring, b) it is long and graphs are time consuming, c) with graphs it is harder to ensure graphs d) we have hardly been taught it (1 lesson!) so it is my weakest and least fluent area

Well done! I got 100/100 the other day on the 2006 iirc. We are very similar, as I also detest Linear programming, purely for all the reasons that you just stated! Incredibly boring. I don't like drawing graphs full stop, it's boring. I'm hoping for lots of calculus, kinematics, trigonometry, and a binomial expansion and factor theorem question would be nice too! Easy marks there! I think linear programming would be the area where I am most likely to drop marks.
Original post by CharlieBoardman
Well done! I got 100/100 the other day on the 2006 iirc. We are very similar, as I also detest Linear programming, purely for all the reasons that you just stated! Incredibly boring. I don't like drawing graphs full stop, it's boring. I'm hoping for lots of calculus, kinematics, trigonometry, and a binomial expansion and factor theorem question would be nice too! Easy marks there! I think linear programming would be the area where I am most likely to drop marks.

Haha I just like learning from you guys and donning the exam :biggrin:

OMG. I am hoping for the exam same thing, then we can get comfortable A's and not be worried. Seriously I don't care whatever we get as long it isn't linear prgramming or bearings (they can be annoying). One linear programming question in section A worth like 4 or 5 marks I wouldn't mind; just not a secton B one. My perfect section B would be cubic factorisation, calculus, algebra and kinematics. Then with a load of trigonometry in Section A
Original post by blueray
Haha I just like learning from you guys and donning the exam :biggrin:

I'm happy to help when're you like mate! You know that :smile:
We'll all do good on the exam - i'm sure!

By the way, do you have any English literature notes that you could share with me?
I'm happy to help when're you like mate! You know that :smile:
We'll all do good on the exam - i'm sure!

By the way, do you have any English literature notes that you could share with me?

Sure do you want me to email it to you? :smile:
Original post by GreenLantern1
OMG. I am hoping for the exam same thing, then we can get comfortable A's and not be worried. Seriously I don't care whatever we get as long it isn't linear prgramming or bearings (they can be annoying). One linear programming question in section A worth like 4 or 5 marks I wouldn't mind; just not a secton B one. My perfect section B would be cubic factorisation, calculus, algebra and kinematics. Then with a load of trigonometry in Section A

Looks like our mathematical strengths are quite similar! I don't mind bearings too much though to be honest. I did a section A cubic factorisation question on the 2008 paper today actually, was quite nice. Simply just trial and error with a couple of values inputted into the factor theorem, and figure the rest from there. It wasn't too involved, as it was only a section A question. You can get some nice section B Trig questions too which are worth quite a few marks.
Original post by blueray
Sure do you want me to email it to you? :smile:

Please! :biggrin:
Original post by c3ntury
Very much so, but, I've tried my hardest to succeed, I can only hope it pays off :smile:

You?

i feel the same! let's hope for the best! :smile: how did you find language yesterday?
Please! :biggrin:

Done :biggrin:
Reply 8579
Original post by xoxlovelifexox
i feel the same! let's hope for the best! :smile: how did you find language yesterday?

I already got an A (one off A*) in early entry, but totally screwed up the first question, so that's my chances of getting the A* gone. :/

What about you?

Latest