The Student Room Group

This Is My Foodie Opinion, I Infer, I Imply! So What Do You Think? CONFIRM OR DENY?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Deny because the nicest orange cake I've ate had chocolate in it as well.

C/D: I'd rather 10 maltesers than 20 skittles
CONFIRM.

They're about twice the size anyway, so equals. And chocolate trumps sweets for me.

C/D: Generally, meat should NOT be boiled.
Reply 622
DENY because boiled bacon is really nice therefore I can't confirm even if it's generally as you say.

C/D: These chips are not for sharing.
Reply 623
Confirm! ;D

Custard Creams should be de-assembled before eating - eat all of this biscuit first, then the cream :smile:
Deny. With most biscuits, I'd say 'yeah sure, deconstructing them is where the fun is at!' but for some reason I have to just shove the whole thing in my gob when it's a custard cream.

C/D: Milk tastes better straight from the bottle (or at least, seems to)
Reply 625
DENY!! Milk tastes best ice cold from a tall glass!! MILKSTACHE IS OBLIGATORY TOO.

CONFIRM OR DENY: Sugar Puffs and Asparagus are the main offenders in pee-smell-tainters.
Deny. I think alcohol makes pee smell worse!

confirm or deny: A biscuit instantly becomes better when paired with tea.
Reply 627
Confirm, tis a fine combo indeed.

C/D: Before I make my order in a chipper I look at the food in the compartment thingy to assess quality i.e. sausage in batters. Sometimes a sausage in batter can look really crackly and crusty and thus unappetising.
Reply 628
Deny, it doesn't really look delicious ever, but you know it's gonna be! Sausage in batter FTW!

Confirm or deny:
Chicken is superior to lamb
Reply 629
Confirm

C/D-Burger King is better than McDonalds
Reply 630
CONFIRM. Burger King burgers taste like MEAT PATTIES. McDonalds burgers taste like some kind of meat-a-like quorn coasters.

CONFIRM OR DENY: ICE CREAM IS BETTER THAN POURING CREAM WITH CAKE.
Confirm: It can just melt and double as pouring cream if ya like. Plus the coolness on your tongue oooh laa laa (especially when contrasted with warm cake)

confirm or deny : you can really have just one pringle
Deny, I find it impossible!

Confirm or deny: Fish finger sandwiches are sooo yum.
Reply 633
CONfirm, although they're not as filling as meat sandwiches they're nice in their own right.

C/D: "I don't eat cadbury's snack enough"
Deny, I've never eaten it at all, and tbh there are other things out there which I'd rather snack on.

Confirm or Deny: Potato rostis/hash brown > potato wedges -_-
Reply 635
Confirm. I hardly ever eat it, but then again, so many varieties so little time! :biggrin:

EDIT: DENY. I love Potato Wedges most. the other two just arent my thing.

Confirm or deny:
Prawns are better than salmon
Reply 636
Confirm. I never really eat prawns but I do like prawn cocktail crisps, and I'm not too fond of salmon.

C/D: A pack of crisps tastes better when grabbed out of it's original box as oppossed to from a shelf.
Reply 637
CONFIRM: ONLY because it gives me the nostalgic glee of when I was in the school tuck shop eating Johnnys Onion Rings, proper Space Raiders (shaped like triangles, not alien heads) and potato puffs (dissolvy crisps!)

CONFIRM OR DENY: One of the most overlooked and delicious meal options is actually the sometimes fairly-high-priced Curries/Chunky Chicken in cans. The quality totally surpasses their "canned food" status.
Original post by TotoMimo
CONFIRM: ONLY because it gives me the nostalgic glee of when I was in the school tuck shop eating Johnnys Onion Rings, proper Space Raiders (shaped like triangles, not alien heads) and potato puffs (dissolvy crisps!)

CONFIRM OR DENY: One of the most overlooked and delicious meal options is actually the sometimes fairly-high-priced Curries/Chunky Chicken in cans. The quality totally surpasses their "canned food" status.

DENY. Not in terms of taste, but in terms of the entire eating experience. Half of it for me is cooking it for myself, smelling it, teasing myself with it before hand..I then enjoy it SO much more. By it coming from a can it's cutting out that meal element for me. Especially with curry!

Confirm or deny: If I see someone eat cake/chocolate on TV, I instantly want cake/chocolate. Even when it was the Matilda cake.
Reply 639
DENY. I only feel like that for fast food burgers e.g.in Pulp Fiction/Falling Down

C/D: I like the sight of a hubba bubba display

Quick Reply

Latest