The Student Room Group

Why girls bully guys

A female coworker of mine, has been bullying me for over a month now. I was never really picked by a girl before, atleast not this personally.

She insults me on a daily basis, calls me slow and weak and hurries me up. She sometimes tones down her behavior and teases me lightly and squeezed my biceps when she mocked me for my lack of strength.

She almost bursted to tears in front of everyone when I told her to leave me alone.

I am pretty sure women/girls don't bully guys they like, so the only other reason I can think off, why she is so mean, is because she perceives me as dumb and less intelligent than her. She learned much quicker to tie knots, while I had been struggling to learn a dolly knot. That is not to say, that she doesn't makes mistakes too. Perhaps she hates stupid/clumsy people. But is that really enough of a reason to hate on someone and act as a predator?

I tried to confront her about this in a locker room, but she yelled at me that I am slow and walked off. She also denies that she likes me. It has gotten rough to this point when we start discussing smth, her body language implies she wants a boxing match against me. What a girl.
Reply 1
Ouch. You are interacting with a girl who has probably been bullied herself by either parents or other role models, and she is now exerting that pain fuelled behaviour onto you. You are her 'pet' to play around with. She is living with head full of pain and hurt. You can have some can't you?? No!

Why you? Most bullies have to 'attack' someone who they perceive as weak or at least no threat to them. Stand up to them and they scuttle away. Stand up to them in front of others and you win the credibility not her. That turns the tables on their heads. You become someone others admire, for having the backbone to say it as it is rather than let someone walk all over you.

Be consistent, stand your ground. Call out bad behaviour and set a good example to everyone you work with. Do your job well and you will be the longer term winner.
Or report her to HR. Although in saying that, they probably won't do much considering it's a woman to a man. Try the former and if it doesn't work out, try this. If you report her enough, they might give up and let her go for relief.
Reply 3
Original post by Muttly
Ouch. You are interacting with a girl who has probably been bullied herself by either parents or other role models, and she is now exerting that pain fuelled behaviour onto you. You are her 'pet' to play around with. She is living with head full of pain and hurt. You can have some can't you?? No!

Why you? Most bullies have to 'attack' someone who they perceive as weak or at least no threat to them. Stand up to them and they scuttle away. Stand up to them in front of others and you win the credibility not her. That turns the tables on their heads. You become someone others admire, for having the backbone to say it as it is rather than let someone walk all over you.

Be consistent, stand your ground. Call out bad behaviour and set a good example to everyone you work with. Do your job well and you will be the longer term winner.

It makes a lot of sense, what you wrote here. However, I've also imagined that bullied people are generally shy and reserved. She acts typically for a girl her age (except the bullying part) and even a bit extroverted. But yeah, she sounds like she has some insecurities.

I showed my teeth more than once. Yelled at another bossy coworker, and I am the only one there who stood up for themselves when no one did. Not to brag, but I react in these situations more than anyone there. Ofc when I get mad, that never scared her. Dunno, it must be my incompetence or my baby-face why she doesn't take me seriously.

I did make her cry once. I told her that she doesn't interest me and she is not attractive. When I gained independence when I learned to do chores, she must have realized that her importance is gone. Then she playfully came to ask me again whether I need help to which I harshly put her in her place. She lost focus at one point and dropped a package of fruit, started trembling then picking up fruit, but I could see her tearing up. I told her politely to calm down and she looked at me in such a way, that if look could kill (I'd be stabbed from all sides like a Swiss cheese). Then she ran away of to the toilett. I heard her crying there, but she wouldn't let me in.

Another thing to note, she heard that I may leave the place and she came with a sad puppy face to ask me whether that is true, I confirmed and she wandered off munbling to herself something like she doesn't trust men or smth along these lines.

I highly doubt that she has a crush on me (that's what one coworker assumes) because you just don't treat a guy like this, the one whom you like. Except if your motive is to hide your feelings from him.

(Sorry for the long texts)
Reply 4
Fine line between love and hate they say... She lubs ju 😘 😍
Reply 5
Original post by SMEGGGY
Fine line between love and hate they say... She lubs ju 😘 😍

Nah man..what kind of ove is that, when she tries to crush my self-confidence? Fu** that.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Nah man..what kind of ove is that, when she tries to crush my self-confidence? Fu** that.

Ask her out? See if it's that. Do you fancy her
Reply 7
Original post by SMEGGGY
Ask her out? See if it's that. Do you fancy her

Nope. I don't like her..and if she said no that would be an extra fuel for bullying.
I've had this from girls a few times, it is a horrible situation and I hate it. Are you good looking? It is probably that she finds you physically attractive but thinks you're a jerk or something, so is in a constant state of confusion about her feelings and is lashing out at you as a result.
definitely keep reporting to her to HR and keep a record of everything she does.
Original post by Anonymous
I've had this from girls a few times, it is a horrible situation and I hate it. Are you good looking? It is probably that she finds you physically attractive but thinks you're a jerk or something, so is in a constant state of confusion about her feelings and is lashing out at you as a result.

I thought about this as well. I am quite good looking (this has been confirmed by a lot of people, regardless of profile). I am nice to her...Pretty sure she finds me attractive but I assume that she is dissapointed in my intelligence, given my poor skills on physical/practical tasks like the one we work. We work temporarily i a warehouse. If her perception of my intelligence, is the reason, she bullies me, then she is a f****** piece of dog**** No, she is a piece of shi** regardless of the reason. Do you go around and bully people because they are dumb or smth?

I told her to leave me alone as soon as I learned to tie knots. Maybe she thinks I used her, and now thre her like a garbage. But all that time, she was helping me..she was just using it as an opportunity to bully me and boss me. That bit** surely doesn't deserve kindness.
Original post by Muttly

To Be Honest I've Been Here Myself And It's PLAIN WRONG. If A Man Bullies A Woman It's Quite Rightly Dealth But When A Woman Verbally Bullies A Man It Seems Perfectly Acceptable In This Country. There Are No Support Groups For MEN Unless Its A Hate Crime. England Is A Nation Still Coming To Terms With Women Doing Wrong Against Men And It's Prevalent Unfortunately As They Know They Can Normally Get Away With It Scott Free.! Sometime You Have To Stand Up For Yourself As It Better Then Being A Victim All The Time. It May Not Make You Popular But It Will Boost Your Self Esteem And Who Wants To Be Popular In A Society That Condones Men Being BULLIED And It Will Be Forgot About In A Week Good Luck Mate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending