The Student Room Group

This Is My Foodie Opinion, I Infer, I Imply! So What Do You Think? CONFIRM OR DENY?

Scroll to see replies

Confirm! I only really like lamb steaks. Or lamb kebabs, minted. Whereas pork is best served in chop form in my eyes. My mum does BBQ glazed pork chops with egg noodles, works really nice.

Confirm or deny: Pate tastes better on toast than it does crackers/ryvitas/brushetta because it soaks into the bread better.
Confirm!!!! I'm salivating thinking about it!!!! :coma:

C/D- The humble Brown sauce is underrated :frown:
Reply 782
Confirm. The name gives it away - as if the only defining charaectersitic of it is its colour.

C/D: vOLVIC > EVIAN (idrink tap water but I buy a bottle of volvic every now and then)
Reply 783
DENY. Water is water, stop wasting your money; get a drink with flavour!

CONFIRM OR DENY:
Acid indigestion/stomach ulcers are enough to think you never wanna eat again. Then something tasty and you quickly change your mind.
Reply 784
DENY: When I was younger I got an ulcer and continued to eat DEATH SPICE CHILLI. "just eat bland food." AYE RIGHT.

CONFIRM OR DENY: You think, "I'll buy a multipack of several smaller "single portion" bags of crisps/biscuits to portion control, as opposed to buying one big "share bag" or regular package I'd likely eat in one go." - good idea, but then you just sit and eat three single portion bags in one go anyway.
Original post by TotoMimo
DENY: When I was younger I got an ulcer and continued to eat DEATH SPICE CHILLI. "just eat bland food." AYE RIGHT.

CONFIRM OR DENY: You think, "I'll buy a multipack of several smaller "single portion" bags of crisps/biscuits to portion control, as opposed to buying one big "share bag" or regular package I'd likely eat in one go." - good idea, but then you just sit and eat three single portion bags in one go anyway.

Deny. I seem to have a superb level of self-control, I'm the type who can actually just have "one square" of chocolate. Though, wish I let myself enjoy it and live a bit more at times!

Confirm or deny: If I see a food product on a SUPER good offer, even if I don't overly fancy it, i'll buy it and incorporate it into my diet SOMEHOW.
Reply 786
Original post by TotoMimo

OMG you had an ulcer too?! How long did it last? Do you still have problems with it? Sorry, just wondered!

Melissa: DENY! Pizza is usually on quite a good offer but I'll rarely buy it! And like minced beef or something... If I don't like it I'm not wasting ma student loan! :biggrin:

Confirm or deny:
Pepsi max is better than coffee. I don't care if coffee has more caffeine, I'll just drink more pepsi!
DENY. I do LOVE pepsi max but it doesn't hit the same spots a cup of coffee can. And on a cold miserable day, I'd never turn to a glass of Pepsi..coffee is ALWAYS my go to, perks me right up. Also, pepsi gives me a funny tummy. Fizzy drinks generally do. Not good.

confirm or deny: Special K cereal bars are better than special K cereal
Confirm. Special K cereal is hideous and bland, but the chocolate chip cereal bars are quite nice, if not a little hard/crunchy.

Confirm or deny: When I was little, I truly believed if I accidentally ate an apple seed, an apple tree would grow in my tummy.
Hahaha lol!! :biggrin: Confirm I did too!!! :biggrin:

C/D- Rye Bread is not nice at all.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 790
CONFIRM. RYE? DRY.

CONFIRM OR DENY: Orange Smarties taste like chocolate orange, whereas the others all taste like regular chocolate. It's NOT just my imagination.
I said this before, but it got denied :frown:

But YES, CONFIRM! They do taste different!

Confirm or deny: Food descriptive words like "tasty", "moist" and "tender" are horrible...Like, really horrible...eww.
DENY. simply because I cannot think of any other way to describe my Nan's homemade cakes over than "moist". Big up Nan.

Confirm or deny: When I see other people having sandwiches, it doesn't really give me food envy. Yet, whenever I go to make myself one and I'm in the right mood, sandwiches can appear INSTANTLY AMAZING.
Confirm. Normally I don't really like sandwiches, but sometimes they can be sooo nice.

Confirm or deny: Eating a Dairy Milk chocolate bar isn't as satisfying/fun as eating the same weight/amount in Cadbury's chocolate buttons.
Reply 794
Original post by Village Whisper
Confirm. Normally I don't really like sandwiches, but sometimes they can be sooo nice.

Confirm or deny: Eating a Dairy Milk chocolate bar isn't as satisfying/fun as eating the same weight/amount in Cadbury's chocolate buttons.

DENY: Dipping a thick piece of Dairy Milk in hot milky coffee and still having that surprise solid middle is a-mazing.

CONFIRM OR DENY: Sultanas in curry are a crime against nature!
Deny: I love them, they give it a real nice kick when you bite into one. Just thinking about a lamb korma from my local Indian (which contains sultanas of course) is currently making my mouth water.

Confirm/deny: Chips are overrated and not actually that nice compared to a jacket potato or some rice (teehee I made a rhyme :smile:)
Reply 796
Deny. You can't beat some good chips from time to time :biggrin:

Confirm or deny:
Bourbons are better than custard creams
CONFIRM. Being a woman, it is law I vote chocolate. Though the sweet buttery custard creams are a REAL bit of tough competition.

confirm or deny: With eating, I tend to go hours without food..then just have a massive catch-up eating SPLURGE
Reply 798
Hm. That's a tough one. Though I will CONFIRM through the sole knowledge that I could probably eat 100 bourbons before I could eat 100 custard creams. Though that's probably arguable again.... ;p

OH LOOK, NINJAGAIN.

I CONFIRM MELISSA. Though, I tend to have spewburps for hours afterwards and groan like a monster.

CONFIRM OR DENY: FRUIT IS NOT A DESSERT OPTION.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 799
Confirm... fruit by itself is not a dessert option, although fruit as a part of a pudding is fine.

C/D the marshmallows are the best part of lucky charms

Quick Reply

Latest