The Student Room Group

This Is My Foodie Opinion, I Infer, I Imply! So What Do You Think? CONFIRM OR DENY?

Scroll to see replies

Confirm! You need patience else the novelty is lost!

Confirm or deny:
People who think Galaxy Ripple, Flake and Twirl are the same are sadly mistaken
Reply 1381
CONFIRM. They're a world apart from each other.

C/D if you've ever had a dessert after eating a fryup
Reply 1382
CONFIRM; because fryups aren't exclusively breakfast material!! SASSIDGE AN EGGS AN' VIENETTA EFTER IT. Classy man.

CONFIRM OR DENY: YOU SAY YOU CAN MAKE JUST AS GOOD A SANDWICH AT HOME, SO "SUBWAY IS A RIPOFF", BUT YOU'RE JUST KIDDING YOURSELF MATE.
Reply 1383
DENY. What exactly is hard to recreate at home from the supermarket? Bread easy. Salad easy. Sauces easy. Meat easy and better quality (the cheese steak they serve is mickey mouse stuff). Sub = homemade roll with 300% markup.

C/D IF YOU ORDER THE 12 INCH SUBS MORE THAN 6 INCH
DENY. The 6 inch subs fill me up so I couldn't even imagine eating double that... I'd give it a go if I could afford a foot long though!

C/D: Oil leftover from cooking on food is the most disgusting phenomena ever, and almost always ruins the food.
Confirm. Which is why I use one cal spray for most things. I don't get the whole OIL OBSESSION. I can't taste it in food, but my hips can...

confirm or deny: The idea of a no carb diet is impossible to me.
Reply 1386
CONFIRM. That's a mighty sacrifice to make and surely there's health consequences...

C/D IF YOU WANT YOUR OWN CHPA CHUPS DISPLAY
Reply 1387
Deny: I don't care much for boiled sugary sweets

C/D: If you get really annoyed that you're hungry again a few hours after dinner....
CONFIRM. Sometimes my belly rumbles an everything, it's like, WHUT, I only just fed you. What is wrong with you belly!!!!

c/d: you always ate loads for breakfast the morning of an exam, your excuse was "BRAIN FOOD"
Reply 1389
DENY. I would often take things easy food wise, cup of tea and a smoke would suffice.

C/D if you don't utilise the goldly invention that is the flask as much as you should
CONFIRM. I just never THINK about it til the time comes when I'm out and think, I could do with a hot drink, I wish I had a flask right now...too little, too late.

C/D: You prefer cauliflower cheese to chips.
Reply 1391
That was freaking difficult. But DENY. I love cauliflower, adore perhaps, but there are many better ways to have it than slathered in buttery cheese; moreover chips are so diverse, chippy, fries, baked, curly, waffle... Plus. I can't imagine staggering home wasted after a night out digging my fingers into a newspaper-wrapped wodge of collie-chee!

CONFIRM OR DENY:

AMERICANS SEEM TO FIND THE MORE MUNDANE/UNSPECTACULAR UK PRODUCTS (THAT DOESNT MEAN "NOT TASTY", JUST "PEDESTRIAN TO A BRIT") THE MOST EXCITING... THE MOST IMPORTED LIST INCLUDES RICH TEAS, PLAIN DIGESTIVE AND WINE GUMS.
Confirm. But I can understand it. It's only plain because we're used to it, it's probably a nice break from peanut butter for them.

C/D: sweetcorn almost tastes too nice to be a veg

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1393
Deny! Rosti to fishcake, a potato patty is a sexy beeotch!

Confirm or Deny: You've said you were full before to avoid offending your host- you didn't want to tell them their food tasted like hobo feet.
Reply 1394
Surely SOMEBODY does this too?

O...only me? *gets a complex*
Confirm. Several times.

Confirm or Deny: Supermarket Naan's are always disappointing.
Confirm.
They're not the same. Nowhere near as exciting or tasty as one from an Indian. And there's something that kills the image when you bung it in the microwave to heat up.

confirm or deny: Come Dine With Me, albeit sometimes a silly show and not actually about food, has taught me a fair bit about cooking
Reply 1397
DENY. I never watch those type of shows.

C/D: Margherita pizza is underrated.
Reply 1398
Confirm; if only for teaching me what NOT to do!! Some of those folk need a quick slap and a hearty double-dose of common sense!

Edit for Ninja: ALSO CONFIRM. Cheese, passata, oregano and basil are a gorgeous combo. To shove GREASY SAUSAGE on it is, sometimes a slap in the face to its beauty.

Confirm or Deny: Chocolate Trifle, whilst delicious, can hardly really be called "Trifle"; the ingredients are too far removed!!
(edited 11 years ago)
CONFIRM. Mainly because I hate trifle..but LOVE chocolate trifle. They must be fairly far apart for my feelings to be so opposite towards them.

Confirm or deny: The best way to have eggs is dippy eggs and soldiers.

Quick Reply

Latest