The Student Room Group

AS Aspects of narrative exam 16th May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Dodecahedron
I haven't seen Part 4 of T.R.O.T.A.M in any past paper questions (including the specimen) so I would predict it'll come up unless AQA have a hatred for it.

PS) Sorry if I quoted incorrectly, new at this :rolleyes:

My teacher said that all of the parts have come up, so it could be on absolutely any of them.
Original post by Morganb804
My teacher gave us a copy Jan's paper... It was how the story is told in part 3 :smile:

Ahhh, intresting. So I guess they can really just pick any and redo it. Hmmm... Most intresting. Does this mean they will repeat chapters from the novels aswell? I doubt it but?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 42
I'm do Enduring Love for section A and then Keats, Rossetti and Gatsby for section B. :smile:
I've been told to do poetry on section A and then the two novels and the other poet on section B.
I'm SO stressed as my teacher has been giving me really low marks on practice essays so I'm scared :frown:
I'm doing Kite Runner, Great Gatsby, Browning and Auden :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by strawberryyoghurt
I've been told to do poetry on section A and then the two novels and the other poet on section B.
I'm SO stressed as my teacher has been giving me really low marks on practice essays so I'm scared :frown:
I'm doing Kite Runner, Great Gatsby, Browning and Auden :smile:

Just keep doing practice essays until you get it down! Thats what I've been doing and it helps a lot.

I'm doing Gatsby, Enduring Love, Tennyson, and Hardy. I think I'll do Gatsby for section A, but if its a bad question I'm kind of screwed... :frown:
Original post by Joe Da Slim Slaney
Ahhh, intresting. So I guess they can really just pick any and redo it. Hmmm... Most intresting. Does this mean they will repeat chapters from the novels aswell? I doubt it but?

I assume because the novels (excluding 'The Great Gatsby',I don't know about the others) have a large amount of chapters this is less likely to happen.

However it is dodgy AQA so you never know

Doing: Small Island, The Kite Runner, T.R.O.T.A.M and Keats
Original post by Kimiechi
My teacher said that all of the parts have come up, so it could be on absolutely any of them.

Ah chucks, can you tell us which series? I must have misread one of them. Sorry to get your hopes up guys
Reply 47
Ah chucks, can you tell us which series? I must have misread one of them. Sorry to get your hopes up guys

I don't know, but I'm assuming either the spec paper or January's.
Reply 48

Even if they have all come up, it is far more probable that AQA will reuse chapters from older exams, rather than the more recent ones, so if you are in the game of prediction, hope is not yet lost.
Reply 49
hi guys, I'm sitting this exam too, and I'm panicking because I am seriously depleted in terms of WH Auden notes... help!! I'm particularly struggling with 1st September 1939, If I could tell you, and O where are you going... if you have any info - any at all - pleeease share, and I will love you forever :smile:

Good luck to everyone!
Reply 50
I AM SO SCARED NOW SITTING LITB2 AQA IN 10 DAYS AND I HOPE I DO WELL I got a C in coursework and theres so many people who got full marks on coursework and still failed the exam... :frown:
Reply 51
Any ideas on what topic is more likely to turn up on section B? :smile:
Reply 52

So my teacher told us today that she was wrong, apparently Part IV never has come up, so you were right :biggrin:
In Section A, Part A when writing about structure, should you write about the placing of the chapter in the novel or structure of that particular chapter?
Reply 54
Would people appreciate me uploading answers to the June 2011 exam that contributed to a 120/120 UMS script?
Original post by Groat
Would people appreciate me uploading answers to the June 2011 exam that contributed to a 120/120 UMS script?

Please, it would be very useful!
Reply 56
Original post by ash9002
Any ideas on what topic is more likely to turn up on section B? :smile:

Hmm I think maybe symbolism but I don't really know- what topics havent come up in a while?
Reply 57
For others doing Gatsby in Section A, do you think it's pretty wise to mainly focus on 6 and 7 seeing as they're the ones that haven't turned up yet? Also you know for the part B question of Section A, do you also think they tend to be about glamour/wealth and whether Nick gives like... a reliable account on a person or group of people (like the questions: (I'm paraphrasing btw) "You're unable to empathise with the women, is this true?" "Tom isn't likeable. Is this true?" And the "People find Nick annoying as a narrator. Do you agree?")
I'm asking you because you're all very nice and i'm quite scared and I want to know if I'm on the right track and please hold me and tell me everything is going to be ok.
Reply 58
What I"ve noticed about Section A part b is that the question tends to have some connection to the chapter- like if the chapter has the Valley of Ashes they ask about setting, or if it has Gatsby's party they ask about glamour/wealth. So if thats any help...

Im hoping 6 or 7 come up, but I was going to study the others just in case :wink:
Reply 59
You're probably right, I'm going to revise the first chapters that came up as well, in case they throw in that curveball. I hate questions that are just loosely related to the entire novel - like the one about Nick being an annoying narrator, or Gatsby's dream giving meaning and value to human experience...

are any of you studying Enduring Love or Auden? What would you write if a part B question on symbolism came up?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending