The Student Room Group

Try out the new **iPhone, iPad or Android** TSR App

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I like the app a lot, it is really fast and responsive. The only downfall for me is when you are scrolling down a thread on the forums to the bottom, the big box with the link to feedback form gets annoying. I do not mind the smaller box at the bottom, however it just seems pointless putting a massive feedback link ad in there.
Reply 41
Original post by G8D
Are there supposed to be ads in this app? Or is that coming later?

They could be right ***** and have scrolling ads...

Really tho it may be an option to just not have ads on threads just everywhere else..

Well, I'm not sure actually, I assumed the 'feedback on the app' ads would just change to normal ads once the app is tweaked fully. But maybe not :?

I agree with your scrolling ad hate, I always click them by accident, so frustrating!

Xxx
Original post by kpwxx
Well, I'm not sure actually, I assumed the 'feedback on the app' ads would just change to normal ads once the app is tweaked fully.
Xxx

Yup - that is the plan. No scrolling, flashing, noisy ones :smile:

Sorry for not replying too much in this thread. I'm a bit buried at the moment, but keeping an eye on the thread, and will consolidate it all when I get a sec, so keep the feedback coming :smile:
In case you're interested, we're up to 269 downloads, 15 x 5* reviews, 1 x 4* review, and around 650 visits per day at the mo...I'm keen to turn signatures on to help spread the word a bit of "this was posted on the TSR Android App" type loving.

The Apple App is getting really really close now too :smile:

Keep those reviews a'coming, and the pixies will work even harder! :biggrin:
Reply 44
Original post by G8D
I wouldn't add the signature... the tapatalk one is seriously annoying.

If you want it to be indicated on the site then maybe consider a change on the site? Something out of the way similar in ilk to Facebook "posted via X" or something that's not in the post and is somewhat inconspicuous elsewhere.

A nice idea (maybe in the postbit, below join date etc), but that would consume dev time.

I wonder if they should maybe just 'purchase' one of their own ad spaces on TSR to show itself occasionally. Or maybe change the TSR logo to something android themed with a link next to it to a page with more details (although this might be better when both apps are out). The possibilities are endless.
Original post by Chrosson

I wonder if they should maybe just 'purchase' one of their own ad spaces on TSR to show itself occasionally. Or maybe change the TSR logo to something android themed with a link next to it to a page with more details (although this might be better when both apps are out).

I like the idea of this, as you say once all 3 apps are out...android, iphone and ipad...not long now :smile:
Android App v1.1 is now in Google Play. Loving those top 50 smilies you can use now :smile:
Original post by ChrisN
Android App v1.1 is now in Google Play. Loving those top 50 smilies you can use now :smile:

*updates*

Me too! :biggrin:
Forgot I had the app and still been using mobile browser :facepalm:
Original post by G8D
Notifications would be nice.

Push tbh.

They're planned, according to the OP. Though the option to turn them off for watched threads and just leave it for WQM would be nice else I'm going to be getting quite a lot of notifications.
Original post by G8D
Notifications would be nice.

Push tbh.

You can get notifications (with options!) for watched threads and PMs already...have a look in setttings...agree that WQM would be great too :smile:
I hope an app will be developed for Symbian!
Reply 52
Original post by ChrisN
Yes indeedy. That will be next. Not too many weeks away :smile:

Hopefully it'll be a full fledged app rather than just the iPhone one with larger space
Original post by G8D
Lol :mmm:

oi oi oi why the lol :P
Original post by jakemittle
I hope an app will be developed for Symbian!

We sadly don't have any plans at the moment for Symbian app, but depending on how many people use Symbian that could change in the future.

The reason for this, and to put things in to perspective, for each visit we currently get on Symbian we currently get about 30 visits each on an Android phone and an iPad and 60 visits on a iPhone. So for the devices we are making apps for we get 120 times as many visits as on Symbian devices.

If this were ever to change though, I'm sure we'd definitely consider a Symbian app if there were enough people to use it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 55
Well done :smile: looking forward to see the ipad app :smile:
Original post by G8D
Symbian is a dead platform. It'd be a waste of time and wage developing for it.

ITs still the most used OS in the world..

Original post by RK
We sadly don't have any plans at the moment for Symbian app, but depending on how many people use Symbian that could change in the future.

The reason for this, and to put things in to perspective, for each visit we currently get on Symbian we currently get about 30 visits each on an Android phone and an iPad and 60 visits on a iPhone. So for the devices we are making apps for we get 120 times as many visits as on Symbian devices.

If this were ever to change though, I'm sure we'd definitely consider a Symbian app if there were enough people to use it.

..But I can understand where youre coming from :smile:
Sounds good! Looking forward to the iPhone app!
Original post by G8D
That stat relies on the fact that ALL Nokias run it (afaik) where only a handfful of recent (failed) handsets would benefit from a symbian app.

Not all run it? the latest ones dont, and old ones like N900 dont use Symbian :P
The majority of the phones in the lasttttt 3/4 years do though and they would benefit from a Symbian app :wink:
Reply 59
I tried to access the Liberal Democrats' private subforum on the app today but it didn't let me in - it's all fine now I'm on the desktop site, though... :holmes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending