The Student Room Group

how much storage do i need?

i plan on buying an ipad as i’m starting distance learning for my a levels, im hoping to complete them in a year and then go to uni. i’m going to be using the ipad for all of my notes and everything so was wondering if i should go with the 1TB or 512GB
Reply 1
Original post by griffheather
i plan on buying an ipad as i’m starting distance learning for my a levels, im hoping to complete them in a year and then go to uni. i’m going to be using the ipad for all of my notes and everything so was wondering if i should go with the 1TB or 512GB

512GB sounds like it should be enough in my opinion. My current PC has about ~340GB of storage used (albeit without notes and etc), but I can't imagine that it'd justify shelling out for 1TB.
Reply 2
Original post by Abz3900
512GB sounds like it should be enough in my opinion. My current PC has about ~340GB of storage used (albeit without notes and etc), but I can't imagine that it'd justify shelling out for 1TB.

do you think it’ll be enough for all of my uni work too?
Reply 3

Probably will be.

I mean, there's always USBs and HDDs etc for u to save stuff that u aren't going to be using, they're still relatively quick access too. As long as you don't download storage intensive apps like games or tonnes of videos etc, that should be enough with 512 GB. Notes don't use up that much unless u have like tonnes of drawings etc, but then u could always type them up properly and make it neater, multitasking, since u are revising as well as saving on potential storage. The size of notes also depends on software and settings, if u are always saving notes on an infinite grid compared to A4 size or something, that will obviously make a lot of difference.
Reply 5
Go with 1TB to be safe, if you hit the 512GB mark, you'll regret it, better to be safe than sorry. You can't ever top up storage like on Android, so that's that as well.
(edited 8 months ago)
You can invest in cloud storage or alternatively compression software that drastically reduces the physical storage usage. I think the argument that more is better is flawed as it rests on the presumption that you may use all that space. Realistically, you will not use more than 100GB. That's really stretching it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending