The Student Room Group

Does anyone else have a "weird" phobias or fears?

I think it was around 10 years ago I saw a news report about an iPhone exploding and catching on fire. Since then, I have developed a fear of iPhones and, I refuse to use any apple products even to this day.

I do know that a phone exploding and catching fire is rare and all phones have the ability to explode and catch fire but for some reason it's only iPhones I'm affected by even though I have watched news reports over the past few years of other phones such as Samsung exploding.

My mother, father and sisters are all iPhone users and most of my friendship group are iPhone users, I have two friends that are android users. I do have very judgemental friends and family and my mother and family have said "Anyone who uses android only uses it because they're poor".

Does anyone else have any "weird" phobias and or fears, my family think my fear is just weird.

Scroll to see replies

Fear for flying. Not a good thing, as I take my first flight in the next weeks.

And a fear for animals under water. Jellyfishes excluded.
Thalassophobia.
Anything doctor related
Original post by Mohammed_80
Anything doctor related

The injection included? I am always surprised how many adults are scared because of a needle.
My usual phobias are spiders, heights and drowning.

''Weird'' phobias however would have to be wearing face paint. Ever since I was a kid I hated it and it always filled me with anxiety.
Probably TheStudentRoom
Rollercoasters :hide:
Not because of heights though. I think mainly bc of motion sickness :hmmmm:
Original post by Kallisto
The injection included? I am always surprised how many adults are scared because of a needle.

No I’m sure you know what op stands for and like opticians and doctors
Butterflies
Reply 10
Fear of playing sports.
I think it's weird because I like sports but if it is like competing, even in a friendly match, it just makes me want to puke.:bird:
(edited 9 months ago)
No I’m sure you know what op stands for and like opticians and doctors

Not exaclty. All the less relation to the doctors. Be my guest and explain. I can't know everything.
fear of disappointing people :cry2:
Not exaclty. All the less relation to the doctors. Be my guest and explain. I can't know everything.

Operation related things
Operation related things

So you have fears for operations by surgeons, is that so? I can't blame you for that. I am not so pleased with operations too.
petrified of needles and anything that pierces the skin
also I have a fear of falling
Original post by agent_duck343
petrified of needles and anything that pierces the skin
also I have a fear of falling

I have a fear for falling too when I climb the steps up to platform jumping. The higher, the worse the feeling.
(edited 9 months ago)
the normal one is needles- that includes anything to do with them before anyone asks, the weird one would have to be vomit-being around it, doing it, the risk of it, just everything
Original post by Emmmaaaa...
Butterflies

That is the weirdest anxiety I heard of. I have no idea why it is so terrible for people. Maybe you can reason it.
Reply 19
That is the weirdest anxiety I heard of. I have no idea why it is so terrible for people. Maybe you can reason it.

The reason it is an anxiety is because it can not be reasoned. If it could be reasoned, then it probably wouldn't be a source of anxiety(maybe)

Quick Reply

Latest