The Student Room Group

Cambridge Chemistry Challenge

(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ElMoro
Hiya, right now I'm only in year 11 so I can't answer any of the questions! :biggrin: I would appreciate if someone who does the challenge could keep a record of the questions (and answers) and save them as a pdf so I could look at them next year. Thanks for your time. :smile:

The Cambridge website keeps a record of all past months questions with their solutions.
Reply 2
Original post by charco
The Cambridge website keeps a record of all past months questions with their solutions.

Could you give me the link, please? I had a look but couldn't find it. :smile:
Original post by ElMoro
Could you give me the link, please? I had a look but couldn't find it. :smile:

You have to login and go to the archive:

http://www.c3l6.org/challenges/archive
Reply 4
Original post by charco
You have to login and go to the archive:

http://www.c3l6.org/challenges/archive

Many thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 5
has anybody completed the silver level yet?
Reply 6
has anybody completed the gold level ?
Original post by Chuck12
has anybody completed the gold level ?

Judging by the honours board, at least 100 peeps...
Any tips for the silver question?

Spoiler

Reply 9
Original post by charco
Judging by the honours board, at least 100 peeps...

i realise that! i wanted to know if anyone was going to help :smile:
Reply 10
search for 'the orbitron' and look at the green shapes closely, if you are any further gold is in 100,000s of ml and rostegentum is...well who dosn't like 100'C?
Reply 11
no dont...
Reply 12
Original post by a_d_a

Original post by a_d_a
search for 'the orbitron' and look at the green shapes closely, if you are any further gold is in 100,000s of ml and rostegentum is...well who dosn't like 100'C?

thanks xx
Reply 13
Original post by a_d_a

Original post by a_d_a

could you tell me how to work it out... like the process?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Chuck12
could you tell me how to work it out... like the process?

If you hang on for three more weeks the worked answers will be on the site...
Reply 15
For the silver question, I've worked out the no. of moles of gold in the mass, but how do I know the molarity of the HCL? thank you!
Reply 16
just finished it today. for the dissolving gold, just search for what the maximum concentration of HCl is. because max conc. will give min volume.
Reply 17
I am stumped by the silver question. It gives me 'getting close', but I cant for the life of me think of anything other than f orbital that it could be
Reply 18
Original post by Jack-
I am stumped by the silver question. It gives me 'getting close', but I cant for the life of me think of anything other than f orbital that it could be

Never mind, got it in the end. It took me so long because I left 'orbital' in my answer, and apparently that made it wrong. Quite annoying really.
Reply 19
Gold Q: Because it's 2 moles of gold for every 2 moles of HCl, do you just work out the moles of gold and carry the number across to use on the HCl - you don't have to divide it to find one mole? None of my figures are being accepted :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest