The Student Room Group

C4 (Not MEI) - Thursday June 21 2012, PM

Scroll to see replies

Hoping for some luck today... All depends on the paper really. I just saw a question in jan 10 that's 8 marks for solving a fairly easy differential equation. More questions like that and I'll be very happy :biggrin:
Reply 381
Good luck, everyone! I'm quickly going through some of the harder questions on past papers as well as questions on topics I'm not 100% sure on.
Good luck everybody! Just remember, diagrams make things clearer in Vectors. I'm dreading the connected rates of change question... It's way too wordy for my liking.
Reply 383
There wasn't one on jan 12 so there's guna be a big one today
Original post by Rsk22
Okay for June 10 question 6b I took out a half but they didn't do this in the mark scheme and I got a different answer

For finding the angle? No need to take out any constants, you should get cos(theta) = -6/6(sqrt.11) which does cancel to -sqrt.11/11 - then just find theta
Reply 385
Needing over 90%, should be fine, should be fine, Mechanics 3 straight away afterwards though, WHOSE IDEA WAS THAT D: still, hoping for A* and A respectively
Original post by Photox
Needing over 90%, should be fine, should be fine, Mechanics 3 straight away afterwards though, WHOSE IDEA WAS THAT D: still, hoping for A* and A respectively

Double exams are awful! I had 3 last year on the same day :frown:
Reply 387
Just realised I need 91/100 to get an A.. I got 69 in C3 so looking unlikely.. B it is then!
Reply 388
Original post by Rsk22
There wasn't one on jan 12 so there's guna be a big one today

There wasn't what in the Jan 12 paper?!
Reply 389
Original post by Sem193

THIS
Reply 390
Original post by Sem193

Original post by Tyles
THIS

Differential/ rate of change question. There hasn't been one in the last two papers so it is looking likely. Look at question 10 from JAN 2010 and Q9 from JAN 2011 if you want to prepare yourself for it
Reply 391
After C4 I just have M2 to worry about. >.<
10 questions on differential equations please. :biggrin:
Reply 393
Original post by Tateco
Differential/ rate of change question. There hasn't been one in the last two papers so it is looking likely. Look at question 10 from JAN 2010 and Q9 from JAN 2011 if you want to prepare yourself for it

wasn't it in the jan12 paper?
Reply 394
Original post by Tateco

Reply 395
Original post by Tyles

I think it was and in the June 11 paper. It's still going to come up. A C4 paper without a differential equations question seems weird...
Reply 396
Original post by Tyles

Apparently not, but I haven't seen the jan 12 paper for a while so I'm just taking someone else's word for it.
Reply 397
Original post by Sem193
I think it was and in the June 11 paper. It's still going to come up. A C4 paper without a differential equations question seems weird...

This isn't just differential equations its differential equations used in a rate of change question.
Original post by Tyles

The differential equation was given to you, you just had to solve it. I don't think we've had a rate of change type of question recently.
Reply 399
Original post by Tateco

managed to do the jan '11 one... I had done it before but at least it means I got some practise in that type of question.. I usually hate them!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending