The Student Room Group

C4 (Not MEI) - Thursday June 21 2012, PM

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Voglie
Woooo, We didn't do C4 in my school and I didn't have time so I had to learn it all from scratch yesterday LOL! This went as well as it could have considering the time I spent preparing :smile:.

I reckon I ended up getting like 58/72 at the minimum, hopefully that should be an A! :smile:

I HOPE EVERYONE DID WELL!!! Any predictions for grade boundaries?

You learnt everything yesterday lmao lier
Do they still check for constants on c4?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I'm positive I lost about 5 marks. Will 65/72 be enough to get 96% UMS? Considering that people found this paper hard.
Reply 583
Original post by Mr M (jr)
Q2 drop 3 marks (or maybe 2 depending on what else you've written)
Q5 drop 3 marks
Q8 drop 1 or 2 marks
Q10 drop 1 mark

thank you
Original post by lamalas600

what a load of rubbish! I don't think its possible to learn c1 in one day :L
Original post by Sweetcorn_1
x/x+2

x+2-2/x+2

1-2/x+2

then integrate that, I still got it wrong because I left it as e^2y though :biggrin:

Or, if you didn't use this clever little trick (which would be more familiar to those who have studied FP2), you could make a substitution of u = x+2.
By the way when you had e^2y=tanx if you squared both sides it woulda been easy

e^4y=sec^2x

Integrates comfortable into tanx=1/4 e^4y

But I didn't do that because I'm bad at maths :frown:
Reply 587
Original post by joenye
I'm positive I lost about 5 marks. Will 65/72 be enough to get 96% UMS? Considering that people found this paper hard.

I reckon around 54 for an A, 61 for A*. Got a good shot with 65, congrats!
Reply 588
Grade boundary predictions for an A?
Reply 589
Original post by Sweetcorn_1
I'll be in Josephine Butler, so the odds of us being in the same college are low.

NOTHING IS HAPPY TODAY.

your worrying too much relax xD :wink: you probably did better than you think. what were ur other uni options and what do you want to study?
Original post by Mr M (jr)
Or, if you didn't use this clever little trick (which would be more familiar to those who have studied FP2), you could make a substitution of u = x+2.

I don't do further maths, I learnt this in C4.
I reckon the grade boundary for an A will be 58 (raw)- I thought it was a nice paper, but everyone else in my class thought it was harder than all the other past papers (I thought June 2011 was the hardest- because of the last question).
Original post by Matthew692692
Do they still check for constants on c4?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Sometimes; less frequently than on C2, but more frequently than on FP2.
Original post by PhysicsMan
You don't use L1- you use the position vector of A multiplied by a variable ( I used the Greek letter μ).

damm i knew it ... o well thanks. in that case i think i got 54/72 . thats ok i suppose :smile:
Reply 594
Original post by joenye

I was asking myself whether losing 10 marks (so 62/72) would scrape me 81 UMS, am I being silly here?
Original post by a10
your worrying too much relax xD :wink: you probably did better than you think. what were ur other uni options and what do you want to study?

Out of:

St Andrews
Edinburgh
Warwick
UCL
Durham

I chose UCL and Durham, for CompSci. And I know for a fact I've lost a brickton of marks so the only thing which will save me are the boundaries. I did bad in M1 as well.
Reply 596
Original post by lamalas600

No I swear to god. I am telling the truth..
Can someone tell me how many marks I've lost?

2) got to xln(x+2) - integral of x/(x+2) but no further
3ii) I got 1/4>x>-1/4
91) Instead of -1, 2 and -3 I got 3, -2 and 1 (But my 9ii was right)
10iii) I got -3:2
Reply 598
hopefully got about 55 ish. :'

I couldn't do the substitution one... arrghh. But If I got the limits correct, and differentiated a the values, I hope I get 2-3 out of 7. :redface:
I didn't know how to integrate ln(x+4)... so that sucked. I didn't know what u would be and what dv/dx would be. :frown:
Thought it was a relatively normal C4 paper, despite the fact that I failed to see ln(x+2) = 1 x ln(x+2)..........

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending