The Student Room Group

AQA COMP2 25th May 2012

Hey! Thought I'd start a thread for this Computing exam coming up in May!

How is everyone feeling about it?

Anyone got a copy of the January 2012 COMP2 Paper and Mark scheme?

Scroll to see replies

Here is the mark scheme, I cannot find the question paper. It is kind of useless without the question paper though :P
Nevertheless, hope it helps in some way or another!

Also, good luck in the exam! :biggrin:
Original post by Lakhvir.Singh
Here is the mark scheme, I cannot find the question paper. It is kind of useless without the question paper though :P
Nevertheless, hope it helps in some way or another!

Also, good luck in the exam! :biggrin:

Thanks a lot :smile: It's helpful because I mainly just want to see what came up so can hopefully predict what will come up in May.
Reply 3
past papers and mark schemes all freely available from the AQA website here:

http://web.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/ict/computing_materials.php?id=04&prev=04

it's also worth reading the reports because they will tell you the types of things that people got wrong so you can make doubly sure that you know those topics & avoid obvious mistakes.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Other than the Laws and Ethics stuff (which I just don't like :tongue:) I don't think it will be that bad, although there's a fair amount to remember about the Hardware devices...

As for the more recent past papers, I think you might be able to get them from your school?
Reply 5
i swear its 29th may
Reply 6
Original post by sl96
i swear its 29th may

It is - Comp1 is on the 25th!
Original post by sl96
i swear its 29th may

Comp2 is the 29th.
Reply 8
How much revision have you done?

Does anyone have a definition sheet for Comp 2?
Reply 9
For january some guy was nice enough to find a list of all the hardware devices we actually needed to know in detail, does anyone know if there will be a list for this month?
Reply 10
Original post by alphadawg
For january some guy was nice enough to find a list of all the hardware devices we actually needed to know in detail, does anyone know if there will be a list for this month?

There is a list on the AQA website somewhere in the computing section, however it only lists which ones you need to know really, its not very in depth but its something to go by...
Reply 11
Original post by alphadawg

Here's a list of devices that you require you to know how they work:

Bar code reader

Flatbed scanner

RFID reader

Touch-sensitive screen

Digital still camera

LCD screen

Impact printer

Inkjet printer

Laser printer

Hard disk

CD-ROM/R/RW

USB flash drive

Hope this helps!
Here are some resources I found when I was revising for this exam:

http://learningzone.ousedale.org.uk/course/view.php?id=112
This website has a cool little revision guide that is bright and helpful. Just scroll down to the comp2 section and click the hyperlink

I have also attached a file I made for myself that helped me revise some of the common topics. They information is directly from the mark scheme.

I also have the answers to the AQA AS Computing textbook. I don't know if I'm allowed to upload them though.

Hope these resources are useful to you! Good luck!
Found another resource on my computer that I used during revision. I never made this - I found it on the Internet!
I've started putting together some notes on Comp 2, basically a quick overview of everything on the spec .. they aren't finished yet but this is what I've done so far
Original post by D-Box
Here's a list of devices that you require you to know how they work:

Bar code reader

Flatbed scanner

RFID reader

Touch-sensitive screen

Digital still camera

LCD screen

Impact printer

Inkjet printer

Laser printer

Hard disk

CD-ROM/R/RW

USB flash drive

Hope this helps!

So for the rest we don't need to know how the work right? Does that mean we don't need to learn the other stuff or do we still need to know a bit about them?
Original post by hackashaq
So for the rest we don't need to know how the work right? Does that mean we don't need to learn the other stuff or do we still need to know a bit about them?

Hi,

The AQA website has a teacher resource thing http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-2510-W-TRB-COMP2HS.PDF

You need to know something about all of them but you only need to know the principles of operation for a select few.

Hope that helps.
Reply 17
Original post by JASApplications
Comp2 is the 29th.

Guys, COMP2 is on the 29th and COMP1 is on the 25th!!!

http://store.aqa.org.uk/admin/t_table_pdf/AQA-TT-GCE-JUN12.PDF

Don't get mixed up be prepared for the right exam!! All the best! =)
Reply 18
hey u guys ready
Reply 19
Does anybody know the principle of operation of a USB flash drive?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending