The Student Room Group

AS OCR chemistry B (SALTERS) F331 on the 15th may 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
am just doing some old questions and drawing an enthalpy diagram has come up as a question, is this no longer in F331 because this is a resit and I haven't revised F332!!
Original post by amber109
got half an hour left to revise, what should do?....

revise
Original post by bertiejess
am just doing some old questions and drawing an enthalpy diagram has come up as a question, is this no longer in F331 because this is a resit and I haven't revised F332!!

What?
Does this exam start at 1:30? please say yes
Reply 44
Can someone explain to me what i need to know for periodicity and group 2 trends?
Reply 45
Original post by randomfatguy

yeah it does:biggrin:
Original post by dirrane
Can someone explain to me what i need to know for periodicity and group 2 trends?

Read posts # 10 and 11 here
Original post by dirrane
yeah it does:biggrin:

Praise jesus...however i am doing sciences for A levels so i suppose i will thank the lord instead...oh wait...i'll thank the examinations board :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by xxZazxx
basically just the lime water going cloudy in the presence of CO2, so u know, heat the metal in a test tube over a bunsen burner, collect the gas given off in a gas syringe and feed the other end of the syringe into a test tube of lime water. refer to controls like same amount of metal, same volume of limewater, repeats etc. the longer it takes for the lime water to go cloudy the more thermally stable the metal, thermal stability increases down the group. that should be enough to get you the full marks

Thank you, you just saved my life:wink:
Reply 49
my teacher gave us like a list of polar bonds and ones that form permanent dipole- permanent dipole bonds, but i cant find the sheet. can anyone tell me what bonds they are?
i know halogen- pretty much anything
c-o
any others?

Yes :smile:
Reply 51
Original post by dirrane

Group 2 trends -

Carbonate solubility decreases down group
Hydroxide solubility increases down group
Thermal stability of carbonates increases down group

Periodicity - melting point increases and then after Group 4 decreases

This trend is repeated through the periods

Hope this helps a bit :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Does anyone know what topics from F331 came up in Jan exam?
If so could someone make a short list of them, this would narrow down what they could put in our exam today. I think it would help :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by vicky8761
my teacher gave us like a list of polar bonds and ones that form permanent dipole- permanent dipole bonds, but i cant find the sheet. can anyone tell me what bonds they are?
c-o
any others?

I think youre in the wrong thread. This is for OCR SALters.. I think you do Chem A which is F321 and this is F331
Reply 54
Does anyone know what topics from F331 came up in Jan exam?
If so could someone make a short list of them, this would narrow down what they could put in our exam today. I think it would help :smile:

With chem, you really cannot predict anything at all. You just have to learn and practisr the spec compared to something like bio, where you can actuallly predicts what might come up.

Godd luck today :smile:
Reply 55
Original post by ManPowa
I think youre in the wrong thread. This is for OCR SALters.. I think you do Chem A which is F321 and this is F331

no i definitely do salters and im sitting f331
c-o
any others?

Yes that stuff is in either F332 or you're on the wrong thread for your exam sylabus, will not find anything on that in F331 :smile:
Reply 57
Original post by bertiejess
Group 2 trends -

Carbonate solubility decreases down group
Hydroxide solubility increases down group
Thermal stability of carbonates increases down group

Periodicity - melting point increases and then after Group 4 decreases

This trend is repeated through the periods

Hope this helps a bit :smile:

That was Beautifully put together mate:smile:
Reply 58

Okay, but whatever you said about bonding is not in the F331 spec.

But polarising bonds etc. is all to do with mechanisms found in F332, so you have nothing to worry about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending