The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi there, it's my final year for GCSE's too (WAAHOOOOO!)

Did anyone do the English lit. poetry paper for Edexcel?
Original post by GreenLantern1
Yep. Lots of fun! Will do a few on monday too.

Have A-Level ICT on tuesday and Addmaths FSMQ on wednesday. That is it! Most my exams are in June!

june is horrible for me, i basically have exams consecutively and quite about two on one day.
Original post by g.k.galloway
That's great! :smile:
I calculated that to get an A* overall I need 82 ums in this exam.... Should be able to get that hopefully :smile:

after this, no more physics for me ever again.. I don't mind the subject itself, I love the space side of it etc but there is soooo much boring stuff...Decided I couldn't take it just for the odd topic I'd enjoy lol !

Lol, that's exactly how I feel about physics. I might just burn all my physics books after Wednesday :biggrin:
Reply 2983
Original post by usycool1
Hey! :hat2:

What you up to? :smile:

Think I'm gonna do some english language past papers after a hard day of shopping :biggrin:
Original post by xoxlovelifexox
june is horrible for me, i basically have exams consecutively and quite about two on one day.

Unlucky :frown:

I have 4 exams in June all on consecutive days. 2 of the exams are GCSE maths though, and I'm not worried about them :smile:

What exams do you have in June? :smile:
Original post by thisisjokes
I'll help wherever I can, although, I've probably forgotten quite a lot! :colondollar:

I remember Communications weirdly enough, I think I had to spend the most time on that section of unit 3 surprisingly!

haha-- I was expecting that!
What did you get in the exam if you don't mind me asking??:smile:
i think it's where the number of sales is above the break-even point so basically the range of output over which a profit can be made

Ok,, so it's what's beyond the break-even point of sales (what's above it basically)? Thanks-- and in return, if you need help, then just ask me too! x
Original post by GreenLantern1
Yeah Sciences, Maths and German are my thigns then I'm pretty good at the rest except english - though lit i'm not half bad at (I'm in set 1 for english but stlill not exactly great lol- quite bad compared to my other subjects!!Me just scraping A's overall!)

I have 13 ledft!!!! We have too many!! People on here haven't even had more than 10 exams!!!!

That's cool!
I love English-- sorry to mention!
I just like it because it's creative and imaginative, and maths is logic, which is also great!
I'm revising for Business now, then English Language:frown:
Ahh--good luck! ikr....really lucky people!
Original post by justanotherindigo
That's cool!
I love English-- sorry to mention!
I just like it because it's creative and imaginative, and maths is logic, which is also great!
I'm revising for Business now, then English Language:frown:
Ahh--good luck! ikr....really lucky people!

I hate English because you have to write so much and it is quite hard aas well-especially writing,I still don't feel like I can do punctuation very well but I have still obtained an A*(English Language,to be moderated) because I have only dropped 3 marks on reading and 0 marks on Speaking,across the course-I am so pleased that I have completed English for good after completing English Literature on Thursday and I think I will end up with an A* on that too:colondollar:

I have 4 exams in June all on consecutive days. 2 of the exams are GCSE maths though, and I'm not worried about them :smile:

I have Maths Unit 2 AQA ,AQA Geography B:h:ostile World,AQA Biology Unit 1 New Specification,AQA Chemistry Unit 1 New Specification and Physics Unit 1 AQA New Specification.I have 3 exams on the week back-I suppose I did have 2 exams,on the same day once and I have to go in on 3 of the days in half-term.
Original post by Dalek1099
I hate English because you have to write so much and it is quite hard aas well-especially writing,I still don't feel like I can do punctuation very well but I have still obtained an A*(English Language,to be moderated) because I have only dropped 3 marks on reading and 0 marks on Speaking,across the course-I am so pleased that I have completed English for good after completing English Literature on Thursday and I think I will end up with an A* on that too:colondollar:

That's cool:P
I'm guessing that you're another maths genius too:P

i have maths, history, german, paper 1 of all the sciences i think! i have 11 exams in total!
Original post by justanotherindigo
Ok,, so it's what's beyond the break-even point of sales (what's above it basically)? Thanks-- and in return, if you need help, then just ask me too! x

pretty much! sure, no problem :smile: it took me a while to get my head around the whole "margin of safety" concept! will we be required to draw a break-even graph?
pretty much! sure, no problem :smile: it took me a while to get my head around the whole "margin of safety" concept! will we be required to draw a break-even graph?

haha--same!

To draw a break-even graph you need to:
-First draw a line for the fixed costs
-Then draw a line for the total revenue (price x quantity)
-Then draw a line for the total costs (fixed+variable) and to find out about the variable costs it's manufactoring costs x quantity sold
- Once you have plotted two of the lines, the point of intersection is the break-even point
-What's beyond that point is profit, and what's below is loss
- On the horizontal axis (the x-axis) label output level, and on the vertical axis write costs/revenue

I hope this helped you out!
I'm really stuck on Remuneration and Communications:frown:
Could you help me out on that! x
Economics revision :woo:
How much revision have you done today??
Reply 2996
The Mentalist last night was absolutely amazing! Also I should be a bit more active here now that I'm halfway through exams :biggrin:

That is all :teehee:
Original post by multiplexing-gamer

About 45 minutes...and that was only a physics past paper...

I have English language next week but I really hate it! Lol I need to revise English language rather than physics!

You? :smile:
Original post by multiplexing-gamer

I've done a ton of physics today and am starting economics now (but did a lot in Easter so pretty confident anyways). How about you?
I've done about 2:45 hours

Latest