The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Erm……guys do you think it is bad if i lie in my CV? Because it's looking a little empty on education/ experience department I kind of want to lie so i can increase my skills set but I’m scared I’ll get caught out :colondollar:
Reply 9201
Original post by blueray
What a level subs you picking? :h:

What are a level subs? ;D
Original post by lil-mazie
Erm……guys do you think it is bad if i lie in my CV? Because it's looking a little empty on education/ experience department I kind of want to lie so i can increase my skills set but I’m scared I’ll get caught out :colondollar:

Don't do that :smile: If you are caught, it won't look so good for you and there could be a few problems. Also, there's no real sense of achievement in getting offered a job when you know that you've sort of cheated to get it (if this makes sense :tongue:) :smile:
Original post by lil-mazie

Original post by usycool1
Don't do that :smile: If you are caught, it won't look so good for you and there could be a few problems. Also, there's no real sense of achievement in getting offered a job when you know that you've sort of cheated to get it (if this makes sense :tongue:) :smile:

I agree its not worth the risk! ppl have to start somewhere and this time of year a lot of shops will expect to see fairly blank cv's.

Original post by Deziah

I think subs is just short for subjects :wink: x
Original post by Deziah

Subjects :lol:
Original post by SophF_rth
Ah same! Well, i'm enjoying to have the break but not much to do! That sounds good! I've still not seen the 3rd one.... I think i'll be meeting with some friends next week! :biggrin:

Hehe cool! You hav't seen the 3rd Ice age!? O.m.g! It's finny :eek:
Original post by Sheel1
Hehe cool! You hav't seen the 3rd Ice age!? O.m.g! It's finny :eek:

really? I may watch it :smile:
Reply 9207
Original post by blueray
Subjects :lol:

Oh wow, I feel stupid. ;D
For some reason I thought you meant substitute, as in what are my reserves haha. The subjects I'm taking are biology, chemistry, maths and French, you. ;D
Guys, is Chemistry A level hard? x
Original post by ArtisticFlair

I hope not :tongue:
I think as long as you understand the fundamental ideas of chemistry it should be fine. Of course it'll be harder than GCSE but hopefully not to hard :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Yes it is pretty hard,my sister does it but not as hard as Maths but it is a lot harder than Biology and the ISAs for A-Level Science are horrible be prepared to lose your grades in them, especially when they are moderated.
Reply 9211
Can anyone advise me which subject is better to take at A level for law, either Philosophy & ethics or Government & Politics?
I originally wanted to do both however i can't because the timetable clashes.
Original post by Dalek1099
Yes it is pretty hard,my sister does it but not as hard as Maths but it is a lot harder than Biology and the ISAs for A-Level Science are horrible be prepared to lose your grades in them, especially when they are moderated.

I disagree, I'd say chemistry is harder than maths at A-Level tbh (although maths is still hard at A-Level) :smile:

It is hard but it is much more interesting than GCSE :smile:
Original post by usycool1
I disagree, I'd say chemistry is harder than maths at A-Level tbh (although maths is still hard at A-Level) :smile:

It is hard but it is much more interesting than GCSE :smile:

My sister really struggled with Maths and only got a D at AS and I think She got a C at Chemistry AS and is doing decent at it in A2,with an A in her January exam and an A* for Biology.
Original post by Dalek1099
My sister really struggled with Maths and only got a D at AS and I think She got a C at Chemistry AS and is doing decent at it in A2,with an A in her January exam and an A* for Biology.

How is Biology in any way connected to my question about Chemistry? Aren't you in Year 10 - you haven't even finished your GCSEs yet!
How is Biology in any way connected to my question about Chemistry? Aren't you in Year 10 - you haven't even finished your GCSEs yet!

so that you can compare it to other A-Levels you will possibly do and my sister did Chemistry A-Level,results back in August.
Original post by amelzz_
Can anyone advise me which subject is better to take at A level for law, either Philosophy & ethics or Government & Politics?
I originally wanted to do both however i can't because the timetable clashes.

I think they're both pretty good subjects for law, so as cliche as it sounds just go with the one you think you'll enjoy most/will do the best in. Some people would argue that P&E is slightly more respected but I wouldn't argue that for Law as one of my friend's brothers got into Oxford with Gov and Pol and I think got 4 other offers (bearing in mind he had amazing grades :P) so they're both good for law.

I believe so. According to my school the hardest thing about it is the big transition from GCSE to A-Level which is why I now have a huge pack of work to complete in order to consolidate my knowledge for next year :frown:. The theory is supposed to be a lot more detailed at both AS and A2 but I think if you work hard throughout the year and consolidate your knowledge along the way you should be fine.

Depends on your passion for the subject I found. I found it very challenging yet very enjoyable so it didn't seem so hard for me. The transition from GCSE to A level is quite big (probably comparable with maths) but if you're teacher is good that can be overcome easily with a little bit of reading and understanding :smile:

Also - when I wake up my first task of the day is sorting your guys nominations
Original post by Freddy-Francis
really? I may watch it :smile:

Cools :biggrin:, but half the jokes are repetitive though ( spoiler ), I just want to watch the 4th one since it's a mockery of Geography and science on how the countries split apart ;P

Why am i talking about this !? loll

Latest