The Student Room Group

ACCN 3 June 12th

Scroll to see replies

april- july sorry it was
Reply 41
Original post by nakz_
Dividends.. 480,000 shares 25p each? = 120,000 shares for 2012, but that 120,000 is after they did the bonus issue of 1 share for every 5. so 20,000 extra shares were given so u do

120,000 - 20,000 = 100,000 x 0.04 = 4000 dividends?

i did the samethjng but it was wrong . U need to get 480000 : 0.25 then continue to do the thing not multiply :frown:
Reply 42
but it was from 1st april - 31st july

so u include April May June July.
it was from 1st april---- 1st of july 1 august--
no you dont... dont you know simple maths

may june july.....#

youve got 4 sweets and you take away 1 === 3
Reply 45
so then what happened during the whole month of july? it was 1st april - 31st july, then 1st august - 31st march
Reply 46
it was 4months, 1st april - 31st july, so u count april may june july
Reply 47
To be clear , it was 4 and 8 months .
Reply 48
yeah, i think i messed up with that a bit as for the first part of the appropriation i put 4 months work whereas for all the second part i done 6 months work :colondollar: oh well hopefully i get some points for putting stuff in the right places etc.

also for the balance sheet i got net loss of 6744 and depreciation of around 18100 off of NCA. I have messed up though as i didn't read the question/information right and put all of the figures such as accruals etc. from the extract of the previous year on the left :mad: again hopefully i will get some marks for the depreciation, layout, own figure rule etc.

for the schedule of NCA i got 109900 as i done at cost + additions - disposals which gave me a round figure something like 200000 maybe then i done total depreciation - deprecation on disposals + depreciation for the the year giving the net book value

overall i didn't think the paper was too bad.
Reply 49
Original post by nakz_
phew!! always good when u get the same answer as someone in accounting.

here are my other answers, lemme know if u see anything similar:

Stock [82,000 something]

Dividends Proposed was: 4000

Profit & Loss i got 6774 Loss i think.

Which led me to get 65,000 something Capital

Partnership 1st 4 months i split 14140 evenly between 2 partners

2nd 8 months i split 10,600 or something.

Only thing I got different to you was the stock and dividends. I also got a loss off 6774 which lead to around the same capital.

What did people do with the loan interest? I completely ignored it! :frown:
Reply 50
Original post by browney18
yeah, i think i messed up with that a bit as for the first part of the appropriation i put 4 months work whereas for all the second part i done 6 months work :colondollar: oh well hopefully i get some points for putting stuff in the right places etc.

also for the balance sheet i got net loss of 6744 and depreciation of around 18100 off of NCA. I have messed up though as i didn't read the question/information right and put all of the figures such as accruals etc. from the extract of the previous year on the left :mad: again hopefully i will get some marks for the depreciation, layout, own figure rule etc.

for the schedule of NCA i got 109900 as i done at cost + additions - disposals which gave me a round figure something like 200000 maybe then i done total depreciation - deprecation on disposals + depreciation for the the year giving the net book value

overall i didn't think the paper was too bad.

U made even more mistake than me and u dont think its not too bad :frown: unbelievable lool
Reply 51
I've already got a B in it :colone:
Reply 52
Original post by theajd
Only thing I got different to you was the stock and dividends. I also got a loss off 6774 which lead to around the same capital.

What did people do with the loan interest? I completely ignored it! :frown:

ah what did u get for stock and dividends. i ignored loan interest cause that is taken awayfrom the expenses to calculate net profit anyway
Reply 53
Stock I think I completely ballsed up. I think I got 75,000 something, as for dividends I may have got 4000 it rings a bell but I'm sure I added the bonus issue of shares which I think is wrong anyway! Stupid mistakes always let me down in accounting. But ahh that's good then, I'm pretty sure we have the same profits aswell then!
Reply 54
Original post by Captivity of negativity
same answer:smile:

Me too :biggrin:
Reply 55
Task 1 - I didn't do that properly
Task 2 - alrite but didn't know about the theory
Task 3 - Messed it up - didn't know how to calculate the cost of sales
Task 4 - Alrite but didn't know what to do with the loan -
Sources of Finance question - couldn't finish because spend too long on Task 3

Overall exam wasn't too bad - easier than january paper
No cash flow statement - yay
No FIFO, AVCO or Stock reconciliation - did revise it
Original post by niiinaaaa
Here's the paper !

when we changed rent and telephone expenses where did you guys change them? in the income statement or in the balance sheet? :smile:

yh
Reply 57
here's the paper!

when we changed rent and telephone expenses where did you guys change them? in the income statement or in the balance sheet? :smile:
Reply 58
Original post by niiinaaaa
here's the paper!

balance sheet. as either a prepayment or accrual. i got 1500 Rent Prepaid and i got 405 Telephone Bill Accrued. [Current Asset & Current Liabilities]
Reply 59
For Question 1 Closing Stock I worked out 30% of 24.99 which was 7.497 then x it by the amount of stock that needed to be repaired which was 500 which made 3748.5.. And then took that away from 83,500 which made 79751.50 as my final answer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending