The Student Room Group

Edexcel A level Music set works

Is anyone else doing music A level as it seems impossible to learn all info about each of the 12 set works
There are actually 13 set works, since they left the pop and jazz section with 3. Yes it is a lot. They've actually cut down the course from 18 set works to 13 recently.
Are you just starting a level?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous0305
There are actually 13 set works, since they left the pop and jazz section with 3. Yes it is a lot. They've actually cut down the course from 18 set works to 13 recently.
Are you just starting a level?

yeah I forgot about pop and jazz
are you doing music A level too?
I am in year 12 about to do my mock exam soon
Yes, I am in year 13 so have finished all the set works now and have a week until my exam.

You should buy the a level music revision guide by Alistair wightman on amazon - its so helpful and has information on each set work split into sections (texture, harmony, melody etc). It still has the old set works in it too but it's fine just ignore those. Learning everything in the book isn't enough to get through the essays and everything though, so still learn everything else.
Have you been getting wider listenings written out on a document?
Reply 4
good luck in your exam
my school has already given us the books and I have gone through all of the chapters on the set works I have studied so far. I have also made notes from lessons in my anthology.
For wider listening our teachers have helped us find some but I also go online and search up peoples suggestions. Im going to try and focus on getting some extra context as that's what gets you more marks in question 6.
what day is your exam?
The Monday after next (the 12th June). If you want, I can send you some of my wider listening notes? I also have really useful flashcards with everything you need to say in the intro for question 6 (context) so I can send you the info from those as it's all condensed in one place and you can copy them down?
Reply 6
same my mock exam is on Monday 12th at 200.
Yes please that would be really helpful if you could send me them. I do have some of my own notes but I can use yours as examples
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous0305
The Monday after next (the 12th June). If you want, I can send you some of my wider listening notes? I also have really useful flashcards with everything you need to say in the intro for question 6 (context) so I can send you the info from those as it's all condensed in one place and you can copy them down?

heya did you manage to find the recourses
if you did then you can pm them to me on tsr

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending