The Student Room Group

AAT at Big 4 vs ACA at local firm

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by mmac900
So what do you base this on? Do you actually have experience working for both big four and sme?

To be fair, the big 4 brand carries a fair bit of weight. You see positions advertised that require big 4 qualified, you don't see the opposite.
Original post by mmac900
So what do you base this on? Do you actually have experience working for both big four and sme?

Yes I did two internships at a top 50 firm whilst at University and once I graduated I worked at PwC for 3.5 years qualifying as an ACA.
Go with AAT. you would be better off studying and working at a big firm than working at a small or medium size firm where jobs can be made redundant anytime. At least you know your job will be there when you get back to work the next day :wink: Plus, I have heard that there are exemptions for ACA after completing AAT. Till the time you finish your AAT qualification, you will have more than two years experience, which will really work for you. Meanwhile, find out if the company supports training the staff further on ACA and other higher level qualifications. It might be totally worth it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending