The Student Room Group

Will this work?

Hi, basically I am to study at philosophy at uni (applying next year) at places such as UCL, Durham, Bristol, Sheffield, York etc, but After the 3 years I am to convert to law and do a 1/2 yr course, however long the conversion is? Is that ok? Will it work etc
Reply 1
Yes, it will. :smile:
Original post by topgun12
Hi, basically I am to study at philosophy at uni (applying next year) at places such as UCL, Durham, Bristol, Sheffield, York etc, but After the 3 years I am to convert to law and do a 1/2 yr course, however long the conversion is? Is that ok? Will it work etc

The course is one year, not half a year. But yes, many people seeking employment in law firms do this.
Reply 3
I meant if it was 1 or 2 years not 1/2 a year haha. And thats great thanks, only question i have is will this be as desired as doing straight law at uni?
Law firms tend to recruit a 50/50 mix of law and non-law graduates, so it doesn't really matter which you do.

After your BA, you need to do the GDL, which is one year and gets you to the same stage as someone with an LLB. After that, you either need to do a 1 year LPC (for solicitors) or 1 year BPTC (for barristers). After that (and this is the tricky bit) you need to find either a two year training contract (for solicitors) or a one year pupillage (for barristers).

There's no funding available after your BA, so you'll need to consider how you will pay for this (not cheap) route.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending