The Student Room Group

Football Manager Society III

Scroll to see replies

Turns out I made 4th place again, got to the CL semi final, narrowly lost to Manchester United, I won the Copa Del Rey so I've won a trophy every season so far.

Going for the league title this season. I think my problem is that there's a lack of direct pace in my team, and while my midfield is very good technically, it's not good enough to make up for Suso and Rafinha being my wingers.
Original post by jam277
Turns out I made 4th place again, got to the CL semi final, narrowly lost to Manchester United, I won the Copa Del Rey so I've won a trophy every season so far.

Going for the league title this season. I think my problem is that there's a lack of direct pace in my team, and while my midfield is very good technically, it's not good enough to make up for Suso and Rafinha being my wingers.

Well done! :biggrin:
Anyone played in Serie A on Fm 14?
Juventus are ridiculously good on my game. They lose like 1 game a season

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ozzyoscy
everyone's suddenly trying to buy the star £400k striker for £12m, then £15m, then £20m, then £30m+. Still say no, even though that would quintuple our bank balance, because he's our only chance of staying up.

WELP

Was on an 8-match unbeaten run, then this is what happened since he got injured in the F.A. Cup loss (on 35 points, so needed a few more to be safe):

0-0 v Liverpool (H) - Good result
0-1 v Bolton (A)
0-1 v Man Utd (H)
1-2 v Arsenal (A) - Conceded in final minute
1-1 v Coventry (H) - FINALLY A POINT
0-2 v Chelsea (A) - Battered
0-2 v title-chasing West Ham (H) - Battered
3-0 v Charlton (A) - Repeat of earlier result against them

The gap was closing badly, but now 18th placed Newcastle have to win their last 3 matches by large margins to beat our goal difference.

If I can't get a load of players in the summer and sell all this crap, I may leave.
(edited 9 years ago)
Just managed to win ****ing everything with my Brighton team in 2019, like literally everything. Won the league with 87 points, two ahead of Chelsea. Won the FA Cup against Man utd 3-0, and the League Cup against Chelsea 3-2. Then just to top it all off beat Madrid 2-1 in the Champions League. Never managed anything like this before, particularly not so early into the game, my squad is insane though and my wage budget is still only 8th in the league.

My squad and formation are;

Jovic upfront, Bony and Lucas Boye backup (Might sell Boye as I have an insane regen who needs game time)

Inside left forward I have Depay and Savitiskiy who rotate, both are insane.
Right wing I have Jack Grealish (Had him on loan in the championship, got 34 assists so signed him for £25mil, complete bargain) and a brazilian regen who has insane stats but hasn't really produced yet.

Central midfielders are Gil Romero, Ward-Prowse, Rabiot and a world class German regen called Stemmer.
Play Kranevitter as a half back behind two of the above.

Defence is Fuchs left-back, came on a free, now club-captain, ridiculous average ratings. Have Peruzzi for right back, again, insane ratings. Centrebacks are Schar, Smalling, Mammana then Gauchinho (silly Brazilian regen worth 30mil)

Got Timo Horn in net too. Just win everything against anyone. Plan for next season is to make my squad more English and promote some youngsters I have so will probably sell Boye, maybe in Bony, Mammana and Schar. Also got two 5 star rated centre-midfield regens on a free who I'll send on loan next season then I'll probably sell Rabiot and Gil Romero.
Original post by Conzy210
Just managed to win ****ing everything with my Brighton team in 2019, like literally everything. Won the league with 87 points, two ahead of Chelsea. Won the FA Cup against Man utd 3-0, and the League Cup against Chelsea 3-2. Then just to top it all off beat Madrid 2-1 in the Champions League. Never managed anything like this before, particularly not so early into the game, my squad is insane though and my wage budget is still only 8th in the league.

Welcome to the club. I did it with Spurs, I'm with Brighton myself now. Went from yo-yo League 2/1 club to a third season in the Premier League in no time.
Haven't played FM since September because of uni but I've got a huge craving to play. Help.
Absolute Carnage as I win my first trophy on this years FM as Newcastle in the 2017 FA Cup Final.

Semi Final against Chelsea was a nailbiter, 1-0 down, 2-1 down. 29 pens consecutively scored in the shootout before Willian missed. I couldn't breathe. Then the final was scarily smooth. 3-0 with a brace from the returning king Yohan Kebab. Hoping I can back it up by winning MOYSeys fave trophy next!
(FM12) What's the best way to get the absolute best out of my scouts?
Has anyone managed a big, top nation like Brazil, Argentina or Germany as a foreigner (e.g. an Englishman)? Did you manage them alongside a club? Had you managed in the country before (with a club)? What had you achieved by the time you got the job? Which FM (or CM) was this? And of course, how did you do?

I did some experimenting on my FM 2007 (nearly a decade of playing and I only just thought to find the ins and outs of international job applications), and it turns out only my home nations and a couple of Africans are interested when I'm employed (club or club + country), even teams that haven't qualified for anything in a decade or two.

Though plenty of jobs open up if I'm unemployed, more than what's offered to a new user with international player past experience. Still, Brazil, Argentina, Germany, Italy and co. remain elusive despite a Ferguson x Guardiola career so far across 3 decades.

So I'm curious, particularly about editions closer to 2007 (in case jobs are easier to get these days).
I've done it a few times. I managed Holland e.g. in my FM14 save, I got knocked out of the second round first time round to portugal in the Euros, then I got to the final of the World cup the next time :lolwut: then just narrowly missed out to Argentina. I always manage a country alongside my club.

There was one time I didn't, I left Marseille after winning everything(bar for the CL where I got knocked out in the final on penalties) and I became the manager of France, I failed to qualify for the euros(not my fault was already in a precarious position when I started and had to beat Spain to qualify) and they gave me another chance. I was bored, resigned, decided to move to England whom I was managing but it got boring, Marseille are doing **** now compared to before and I'm not getting any top jobs like Chelsea etc.
Original post by ozzyoscy
Has anyone managed a big, top nation like Brazil, Argentina or Germany as a foreigner (e.g. an Englishman)? Did you manage them alongside a club? Had you managed in the country before (with a club)? What had you achieved by the time you got the job? Which FM (or CM) was this? And of course, how did you do?

I did some experimenting on my FM 2007 (nearly a decade of playing and I only just thought to find the ins and outs of international job applications), and it turns out only my home nations and a couple of Africans are interested when I'm employed (club or club + country), even teams that haven't qualified for anything in a decade or two.

Though plenty of jobs open up if I'm unemployed, more than what's offered to a new user with international player past experience. Still, Brazil, Argentina, Germany, Italy and co. remain elusive despite a Ferguson x Guardiola career so far across 3 decades.

So I'm curious, particularly about editions closer to 2007 (in case jobs are easier to get these days).

Not played for ages but I always do journeyman campaigns... As such international jobs are a blessing (playing FM13 mainly)

My finest being a Belgian/Chilean Manager taking Algeria to a ACN victory before leading Uruguay to the Copa de America. I finally moved to Brazil but nobody can head a ball there so lost everything to my lovely ex Uruguay squad.

I managed a variety of clubs throughout this time but I've never managed a domestic club in the same nation that I got the jobs in.

Its usually around 3 years in after some international tournament and i've won promotion for at least one/two clubsbefore I get a job offer.
Someone help please. When a new season comes around, many of my players seem to drop a star in potential/ability. Should I be worried?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jackf1337
Someone help please. When a new season comes around, many of my players seem to drop a star in potential/ability. Should I be worried?

Potential/ability as seen on the star-scale is based on your stature as a club compared to the league/clubs around you, hence why on your Coach Report you will see something like '...is a good player for most Premier Division sides'.

If you get promoted/relegated it's only natural that your players' ability then becomes different compared to the players around them.
need to get fm16 still on fm14
Original post by marcusmerehay
Potential/ability as seen on the star-scale is based on your stature as a club compared to the league/clubs around you, hence why on your Coach Report you will see something like '...is a good player for most Premier Division sides'.

If you get promoted/relegated it's only natural that your players' ability then becomes different compared to the players around them.

Cheers for that. I just had a season where I won everything bar the euro cup winners cup, almost all my star ratings were 3.5 or 4. Then in the close season, 90% of ratings shot down, most by a star, now preseason is well under way, they seem to have gone back to normal. A few players have understandably declined, some back to normal, some even higher. A youth player went from 2* potential to 3.5*, which is pleasing.

It messed me around a bit as I was looking to sell most players 2.5* potential and under, and in the process of selling them their potential seemed to rise, so I had to cancel the deals and just sent them to a feeder club for another year.

It's 2027, Vitesse are a feeder club of mine and made it to the champions league semis. Sent 6/7 players there for the upcoming season.
Ive just got Droylsden to the League One in five seasons, and they've given me a transfer budget for the first time. Wait for it...

Spoiler

Original post by Jangrafess
Ive just got Droylsden to the League One in five seasons, and they've given me a transfer budget for the first time. Wait for it...

Spoiler

:rofl: Good luck with that!
Original post by SirMasterKey
:rofl: Good luck with that!

I came second in League Two with half the wage budget and zero transfer budget so I'll cobble something together. I've already signed Januzaj!
Original post by Jangrafess

Spoiler

Don't spend it all at once...

What league were Droylsden in when you started?

Quick Reply

Latest