The Student Room Group

Football Manager Society III

Scroll to see replies

Damn this new one looks good.
Scraped through the CL group stages, I had a tough group with lyon(who are ****ing awesome like all the other french teams), udinese and basel(my first season in CL btw) So I got 9 points and luckily lyon beat udinese in the sixth week so I scraped through second.

End up with AC milan in the RO16 in the draw :facepalm2: I'm gonna have to win this competition the hard way I guess. Had the hardest playoff round too with atletico madrid.

Anyway, I'm 6th, 7 points from the leaders in january, I went on a bad run due to having no goalscorer but luckily my defence has been holding up(first season where I've actually had a good defence for hull too), now I'm having a good run of form since my star striker has come back. Scores a hattrick in his first start since the injury.
New online functionality and global management leaderboards

That is going to be ruined by people using FMRTE

The new game looks good, I don't care about the classic mode, but acting a Director of football will make it fun

I hope they don't make you pay for all this DLC, you have to pay for management of international teams?
Does anyone know if you can get it on a disk like with FM11 or will I have to use steam to get it, because my internet is so bad that playability will be awful if I need to use online features to play the game.
Challenge Mode looks promising
Reply 385
Original post by CJG21
Does anyone know if you can get it on a disk like with FM11 or will I have to use steam to get it, because my internet is so bad that playability will be awful if I need to use online features to play the game.
It's very likely they'll do what they did with FM12 - you can buy a physical retail copy which you can install the game from, but the game must be registered with your Steam account before you can play (which is a fairly straightforward way of handling copy protection, and was a hell of a lot less problematic than with the older games when they had a dedicated authentication server that would crash on release day due to the sheer volume of people trying to register their game :lol:)
They said there'd be videos posted between now and the release date, hinting at about 25 or so. That would mean an October release date.... :holmes:
Reply 387
Original post by Kevmeister
They said there'd be videos posted between now and the release date, hinting at about 25 or so. That would mean an October release date.... :holmes:

Did it not say that they would begin to post videos, didn't say when but that they'd be daily between when they start and the release date. It depends when they choose to post the videos.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 389
That skin looks absolutely ****.

I'm considering doing a super save just to get on top of the leaderboards, chelsea here I come :colone:
Oh wait I'm going back to uni...
Liverpool get sugar daddied, have a crap first season with new owner, owner pulls the plug but remains chairman. LOOOL
Reply 392
Don't care about classic mode, don't care about challenge mode.
Introducing tax regimes is just going to be annoying

I hope they've fixed the problem where its nigh-on impossible to sell your players and loan out young players :fuhrer:
Reply 393
Just read the press release about the new stuff. Classic mode is fine but the micro transaction thing is an utter nonsense, I know they want/need to make more money but it just feels wrong.

I wish you could just take certain things out, would remove press conferences straight away.

The tax regimes sounds good though as long as they get it right with the countries than under and over tax foreign players.

Original post by TM94
Don't care about classic mode, don't care about challenge mode.
Introducing tax regimes is just going to be annoying

I hope they've fixed the problem where its nigh-on impossible to sell your players and loan out young players :fuhrer:

I generally don't have a problem selling or loaning younger players out, although it's annoying when you have a potential wonderkid offered out for loan for free with 0% wages and no one takes them -_-

Edit:

I hope they're a bit more inventive with striker roles. I'm fairly sure 8/10 strikers in the game are poachers.

-

11 games as England manager, won 10 drawn 1, scored 32, conceded 1. And the FA are just satisfied.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 395
Original post by jackf1337
I generally don't have a problem selling or loaning younger players out, although it's annoying when you have a potential wonderkid offered out for loan for free with 0% wages and no one takes them -_-

Edit:

I hope they're a bit more inventive with striker roles. I'm fairly sure 8/10 strikers in the game are poachers.

It's annoying for me with regards to the youngsters I have about 30 players who are easily good enough for lower PL clubs (as they can get a game for me and I have won the league 8 years on the run) but nobody wants to take them even though I want nothing from them :facepalm2:

Reply 396
Original post by Peachz
Initially I was unsure if it was an actual genuine video but there we are.. Looks good! I am excited.
Miles Jacobson tends to heavily involve himself in the marketing campaigns for the games. If you see him in the video, it's genuine (he's the one who's doing the press conference in that vid, in case you didn't know :p:)

Original post by Peachz
Did it not say that they would begin to post videos, didn't say when but that they'd be daily between when they start and the release date. It depends when they choose to post the videos.
Miles didn't specify "daily" but said "most days?" while looking to the guy beside him (who I don't recognise), so it doesn't seem entirely set in stone but he seemed to suggest that once they get going, it'll be near enough daily.

Original post by Mess.
Just read the press release about the new stuff. Classic mode is fine but the micro transaction thing is an utter nonsense, I know they want/need to make more money but it just feels wrong.
When there was mention of Challenge Mode, I suspected it'd follow the microtransaction route of FM12 Handheld. Beyond that, has there been that much said about microtransactions? There was mention of things like removal of work permits and stuff which were mentioned as "unlockables" but details of that were rather sketchy. Outside of something as restricted as Challenge Mode, DLC and microtransaction models simply don't make much sense in the context of an FM game - I mean, can you imagine just how much they'd piss off the fanbase if they were to take away the editor and start charging for database updates that they released as DLC or something like that?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 397
Original post by Dalimyr
Miles Jacobson tends to heavily involve himself in the marketing campaigns for the games. If you see him in the video, it's genuine (he's the one who's doing the press conference in that vid, in case you didn't know :p:)

Miles didn't specify "daily" but said "most days?" while looking to the guy beside him (who I don't recognise), so it doesn't seem entirely set in stone but he seemed to suggest that once they get going, it'll be near enough daily.

To be honest, I thought it was one of those Carlsberg things, which it did begin as and since the guy, Miles as you've identified, looked like someone they just got from the street to announce it - I just assumed it was a hoax haha!

It's just a case of whenever they get going eh!!
hearing the 26th October
This is what happens if you play your starters in a mid-season friendly.

7-0 after 24 minutes, 9-0 at half time. I seriously felt like keeping it up to see how many I could get, but I benched all my starters and just played keep ball for the second half, felt sorry for them :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest