The Student Room Group

Remark opinions- help?

xxx
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
I think 18 marks off is a bit steep, even with the current "scandal", I wouldn't do it. As for the Dance and especially history, if you have the £, then do it. 1 and 5 UMS is not much and it's v. possible you'll get the higher grade.
Original post by Snoopop
Hi there? This is my first post on tsr so I hope this is all okay- appologies if not!
Basically, I got my gcse results the other day, and got results I never expected to achieve, Im so happy! But, now the reality has sunk in, and ive done a little more research, Im not sure on a few things, including whether I should get remarks on the following subjects:
History: expected A, got an A, but one off of a A*. could get essay or written paper remarked? Got full ums on another history paper.
Dance: got B, expected A. 5 ums off of A. Some sections are video performances. Worth remark?
English literature: expected A* and got a* a a in the mocks for exam. Got overall b, but got a C and a D on two papers! I've never got less than a B in my life! But I'm 18 off of an A! Is it worth a remark?
Sorry for so many questions! I just want to do as well as possible. I know there has been trouble with English grades, but Im concerned :frown:
Thanks for any help guys- would you remark any of these if you were me?

I agree with thomas in saying that 18 marks is probably a bit too much however the other 2 should be worth a go, definitely history. You should contact your school, in my school if the teacher decides you should have a remark the school pay for it for you so there would be not cost (even if they dont suggest it you can always request although you may have to pay)

Edit: What exam board are the courses? you may be able to use a converter to work out how many raw marks you need to improve by enough UMS
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
I'm kind of in the same position as you actually, in one of my Geography papers I got a C even though I was confident that I did really well and was sure I got an A :eek:.
Not sure whether it was marked wrong or whether i'm being overly cocky...though I was so sure I did well enough to get an A and in my mocks and exams in year10/11 I always got A's... hmmmm.
hey there am in the same station i was only 5 marks of an B in chem and 5 marks of phys for a B i had to chnage my whole course dt no wat to do and the exam board is OCR thanks xx
Reply 5
It's so confusing :frown: and it's like, you have to choose within this month or that's it, your stuck with it :/ I'm so tempted to just get all that lot remarked cos them I at least know ive tried :biggrin:
If you got as before, then you're not being cocky to expect that of yourself. I was certainly shocked when I saw my D and C in modules!!
Do you do geography A in edexcel? I know they had problems with marking like last year saying they were being a bit too easy and that, so they made it harder I think. Luckily I did geography b edexcel so wasn't effected :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Snoopop
It's so confusing :frown: and it's like, you have to choose within this month or that's it, your stuck with it :/ I'm so tempted to just get all that lot remarked cos them I at least know ive tried :biggrin:
If you got as before, then you're not being cocky to expect that of yourself. I was certainly shocked when I saw my D and C in modules!!
Do you do geography A in edexcel? I know they had problems with marking like last year saying they were being a bit too easy and that, so they made it harder I think. Luckily I did geography b edexcel so wasn't effected :smile:

Yep, I do A. Maybe that's why :redface:
Reply 7
Original post by Thomas_96
Yep, I do A. Maybe that's why :redface:

Ah last year I think there was some scandal about the exam board telling teachers what the questions/ answers would be for the paper, so this year they were really harsh. I think that's what my teacher said; he was relieved we were doing B.
Reply 8
I'm getting my English remarked, as I received an A, A, B and D for my modules, therefore getting a B overall! I'm on OCR too, and have never received a B for lit in my life. I received an A* for language though. Also, I thought my History went pretty well, as I usually receive As and A*s for my work, yet received a B for it also (OCR as well).
Reply 9
Original post by merrrrr
I'm getting my English remarked, as I received an A, A, B and D for my modules, therefore getting a B overall! I'm on OCR too, and have never received a B for lit in my life. I received an A* for language though. Also, I thought my History went pretty well, as I usually receive As and A*s for my work, yet received a B for it also (OCR as well).

looks like we got similar! I usually get A and A* in literature but got a B, but for language I got straight A* across all the papers! Which paper did you get the D on if you dont mind me asking?
Reply 10
ah we are! Modern Drama (an Inspector Calls).

Quick Reply

Latest