The Student Room Group

A level remark

Hey, I got an A in both English Lit & History and got into my firm choice but with history I was 1 mark off an A* and 2 marks off in English. Is it worth getting a remark?
Reply 1
no unless you have money to throw away. if you're on school bursary/your school does it for free for you then go ahead. you don't need a piece of paper to tell you that you're A* standard - it's just down to grade boundaries. high As are such a good achievement which you should be so proud of! congratulations on getting into your firm!!!!
Original post by RedPandaBun
Hey, I got an A in both English Lit & History and got into my firm choice but with history I was 1 mark off an A* and 2 marks off in English. Is it worth getting a remark?

Hey @RedPandaBun,

Congratulations on getting into your firm choice!

In my opinion as you have got into your firm choice I find it doesn't matter unless you really want that change in grade on paper from excellent A's to A*s.

It is your choice at the end of the day so just choose what is best for you.

Hope that helps!

Rebecca
2nd Year Geoenvironmental Hazards Student
Original post by RedPandaBun

Hi @RedPandaBun,

Congratulations on your amazing grades and getting into your firm choice! Which course are you going to be studying and how are you feeling about it all?

I agree with @flabman, if you are able to and really want to you can get a remark but it does not seem necessary. It is up to you though.

Good luck with your university journey! :smile:

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep
Reply 4
Thank you so much :smile:
Original post by flabman
no unless you have money to throw away. if you're on school bursary/your school does it for free for you then go ahead. you don't need a piece of paper to tell you that you're A* standard - it's just down to grade boundaries. high As are such a good achievement which you should be so proud of! congratulations on getting into your firm!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest