The Student Room Group

as unit 1 buisiness help

Has anybody got a 15 exam mark answer for the aqa business paper and or a know how to properly set out/plan a answer.
Hope you can me :confused:
Original post by RICHARDOGG
Has anybody got a 15 exam mark answer for the aqa business paper and or a know how to properly set out/plan a answer.

I did this paper last year. This is what I did:

Define term
Advantage * 2
Disadvantage * 2
Conclusion.

Depending on the question, I sometimes only did one advantage and disadvantage. The most important thing is to ask yourself "so what?" - why does what you are saying matter - this helps build good analysis and also remember to try and relate to the specific business.

Don't worry, this is an easy paper - I got 52/60
Reply 2

What textbook are you using?
Reply 3

On the AQA website you can see examples of well/badly written answers for exam papers.

You want to be looking at 2 advantages/1 disadvantage, or vice versa, depending on which way your argument is going.

Definition -> adantage -> disadvantage ->final adv/disadv ->conclusion with final decision/recommendation.

You want to be linking every paragraph back to the original question, e.g

'Should TSR become an LTD. Justify your reasoning'

An LTD is a company in which the owners receive limited liability, relieving them of any liability for debts which may occur.

One advantage for becoming an LTD is that (TSR) will then gain limited liability. This is an advantage because it means that if the (TSR) ever gets into any financial difficulties and is pushed towards bankruptcy, then any debts which remain, remain only within the company and the owners will not lose any of their own personal assets to pay this off. This means that the business is less of a risk to the owners of TSR and therefore a safer business venture to continue with. For the owners of TSR this may be important since all of their funding is coming from bank loans. Because of this the banks are tied into contracts and fully understand the circumstances they are situated in, and the Limited Liability provides a fall back for the company. For this reason I would suggest that TSR does become an LTD.

One disadvantage of becoming an LTD is that you must then make publicly available your company information in the form of an annual report and your accounts. For TSR this may be a downfall as their sales forecast suggests that they will not make any profit for 2 years. This may deter some possible investments, and could give the company a bad image, slowing their sales and making their actual sales worse than forecast. It also means that if TSR became highly successful but then took a turn for the worse and had 3 months where sales were in decline, then the public would be able to see that the business was going downhill and may stray away from the business, getting the wrong sort of idea. If this were to be the case for TSR then I would suggest that becoming an LTD may not be the best of ideas.

Another advantage of becoming and LTD is that TSR will then be able to sell shares on their stock exchange to bring in extra capital. This makes the raising of funds much easier and quicker than having to keep applying for loans from the bank. As more people buy shares of TSR, the company will become better known and potentially attain a better reputation. The more successful the company becomes, the more the shares of the company are worth. The downside to selling shares is that there is the potential for losing full control of the company if you own less than 51% of the total shares, although by floating shares carefully this can be avoided.

Although there are advantages and also disadvantages for the becoming of an LTD, in the case of TSR I would suggest that becoming an LTD would be the better option. The ability to raise funds through selling shares is a valuable ability, although the owners should be careful not to float too much of the company if they do not wish to lose control. By being an LTD you also gain a slightly better stance in the market, and appear to be a more reputable company to associate with.
--------------------
I'm not sure how good of an answer this would be, although I got 51/60 in my BUSS1 exam :smile:

Take a look at this link, it's BUSS1 and BUSS2 exam papers, and should be useful to look at how other people answered questions.
http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-2130-W-TRB-CEXWBUSS12.PDF
Reply 4
aqa as business studies by NELSON THORNES
Is everyone feeling confident?
Reply 6
Original post by recurring500
Is everyone feeling confident?

Not yet you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending