The Student Room Group

Is it possible for me to get DDD

I’m kinda confused about applied science in general I’d rlly appreciate it if someone would give me a clear answer to my question (s) so I was wondering if I can still get a DDD grade overall with a pass in units 2 and 3 and a merit (or distinction) in unit 1 (I haven’t done it yet but I’m aiming for a merit or distinction). I feel like I already messed up ngl. If I get mostly distinctions and merits in the upcoming assignments (I’m in first year) can I get a DDD grade? Or minimum a DDM or am I just doomed. Please someone help me out 😭
Reply 1
You will only get a singular, for example, "P", "M" or "D*" grade at the end of this year. The grade you get this year is going to be the basis for your predicted grades for uni. Each unit has a certain amount of maximum points you can achieve. On smaller units like unit 10 or 8, the max amount of points you can achieve is 16, which is a distinction. On medium sized units like unit 1 and 4, the max amount of points is 24 (distinction). On larger units like unit 3, the max amount of points is 32, also a distinction. Doing well or badly on these larger units can make or break your grade. You need around 104 points altogether to be predicted a DDD.
Reply 2
Original post by syzygy85
You will only get a singular, for example, "P", "M" or "D*" grade at the end of this year. The grade you get this year is going to be the basis for your predicted grades for uni. Each unit has a certain amount of maximum points you can achieve. On smaller units like unit 10 or 8, the max amount of points you can achieve is 16, which is a distinction. On medium sized units like unit 1 and 4, the max amount of points is 24 (distinction). On larger units like unit 3, the max amount of points is 32, also a distinction. Doing well or badly on these larger units can make or break your grade. You need around 104 points altogether to be predicted a DDD.

Thank you so much for that answer, I didn’t know you only get 1 grade for the first year. Do you think I’ll be able to get a DDD grade if I get a pass in unit 3 but distinctions in the rest of the external exams? And distinctions/merits in the internal ones ofc.
Also are you basically saying the predicated grades are going to be calculated from the unit 3 exam I’ll be doing tomorrow? I really feel like I’ll get a pass for it..
Reply 3
Original post by Hootenberry
Thank you so much for that answer, I didn’t know you only get 1 grade for the first year. Do you think I’ll be able to get a DDD grade if I get a pass in unit 3 but distinctions in the rest of the external exams? And distinctions/merits in the internal ones ofc.
Also are you basically saying the predicated grades are going to be calculated from the unit 3 exam I’ll be doing tomorrow? I really feel like I’ll get a pass for it..

I would really really try to aim for a high merit or distinction for unit 3 tomorrow. Watch a playlist on youtube on "BTEC applied science unit 3" and you should be fine; it's mostly waffle and calculations. With passes in unit 2 and 3, and distinctions in unit 1 and 4 and merits in the internal units it would come to around 92ish points which is around a DMM-DDM If you can push for a high merit in unit 3 (try cramming for it tonight lol) you can definitely get that DDD overall. good luck <3
Reply 4
I would really really try to aim for a high merit or distinction for unit 3 tomorrow. Watch a playlist on youtube on "BTEC applied science unit 3" and you should be fine; it's mostly waffle and calculations. With passes in unit 2 and 3, and distinctions in unit 1 and 4 and merits in the internal units it would come to around 92ish points which is around a DMM-DDM If you can push for a high merit in unit 3 (try cramming for it tonight lol) you can definitely get that DDD overall. good luck <3

Omg you’re the best thank you so so much you’ve really helped me, have a good rest of your night xx
Reply 5
You will only get a singular, for example,
Reply 6
What do you mean?
Original post by rrre
You will only get a singular, for example,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending