The Student Room Group

Medicine University Applications

Hi guys :biggrin:

I'm studying at AS level and just done my exams. They went OK, except Maths, which I actually think I've failed on :frown: I was wondering if re-sits affect Uni Applications( I wanna do Medicine.. hopefully (yn))? I'm retaking this year definitely. Do I have to mention all my retakes in my UCAS application?

Also, I might drop maths next year and do Psychology, Biology and Chemistry. I don't know if this is a good choice..help?
Original post by RosieGeorge
Hi guys :biggrin:

I'm studying at AS level and just done my exams. They went OK, except Maths, which I actually think I've failed on :frown: I was wondering if re-sits affect Uni Applications( I wanna do Medicine.. hopefully (yn))? I'm retaking this year definitely. Do I have to mention all my retakes in my UCAS application?

Also, I might drop maths next year and do Psychology, Biology and Chemistry. I don't know if this is a good choice..help?

Most unis are ok with you resitting modules but no uni will take you if you resit the year. I declared resits on my UCAS this year and got two interviews. Also I do bioloy, chemistry and RS so psychology should be fine at A2 level (I did physics at AS). Honestly wouldnt stress if I were you. I got ABCC at AS A in RS, B in biology and CC in chemistry and physics. My predicted grades are A*AA (A* in RS)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Sherlockedd
Most unis are ok with you resitting modules but no uni will take you if you resit the year. I declared resits on my UCAS this year and got two interviews. Also I do bioloy, chemistry and RS so psychology should be fine at A2 level (I did physics at AS). Honestly wouldnt stress if I were you. I got ABCC at AS A in RS, B in biology and CC in chemistry and physics. My predicted grades are A*AA (A* in RS)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the comment. I meant to say I'm retaking just that module ahah (C1). Are you going for Medicine? If so, where did you apply? Good luck on your interviews and uni applications! :biggrin:

PS: I'm taking it that you're Sherlock fan? :tongue: hehe
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by RosieGeorge
Thanks for the comment. I meant to say I'm retaking just that module ahah (C1). Are you going for Medicine? If so, where did you apply? Good luck on your interviews and uni applications! :biggrin:PS: I'm taking it that you're Sherlock fan? :tongue: hehe
Yeah I applied this year, and I declared on my UCAS form that I'm resitting 2 chem units, 1 bio and 1 physics and I have had two interviews, so resitting modules really isn't an issue. I had a really bad year last year, don't know what happened but I just didn't get the grades I wanted. I've had 2 interviews, been rejected by Manchester (post-interview) and not heard back from the Leicester interview yet... I only had the interview last week but apparently they don't get back to you until the end of the cycle (so March). I haven't heard off the other two yet (Keele and Newcastle) so I'm hoping that no news = good news :P And yep, massive Sherlock fan... LOVE the books and the BBC version. I also quite like Jeremy Brett's version but I haven't seen as many of his as I haven't had time yet :L :colondollar:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending